Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Life around here, and a baby update!

Life has been moving pretty fast lately. I just realized that the month of November is almost over! When did that happen? Anyways, here are just a few photos from the last few weeks. 



We finally moved upstairs, and Cowgirl Savy loves our new kitchen!


We went and played at her grandma and grandpas new house before it snowed.


All 3 of us grabbed some pizza before going to see Wreck-It Ralph


Out to lunch with my favorite girl!



It snowed a lot. Savannah thinks snow is pretty awesome. 




The snow has since melted.


We went to the lighting of the Riverwoods, where we got rained on, but still had a lot of fun!






And we went to our first doctor's appointment a couple of weeks ago! The baby is doing great, they were really impressed with how well my last pregnancy was, and were even more impressed that the labor and delivery went so easily with the first baby, and they said that I will most likely have just as easy a delivery this time (knock on wood!). The baby measured a week smaller (like Savannah did out our first appointment) so they pushed our due date to June 1st. (however, even though we pushed Savannah's due date back a week too, she still arrived on her original due date. A week is not that big a deal haha!)

After the ultrasound, I went and had my blood work done. A few days later, they called to say my blood work all came back great with no problems. Even my iron levels were normal! Which is great seeing as I've had issues with anemia in the past.

They did, however, say that I tested positive for group B strep again. Last time I tested positive, they said that even if I never tested positive again, they would still always give me antibiotics during labor for all of my kids. This time, I tested a little higher than normal, so they started me on an antibiotic regiment to get the levels back down. We will test again at my next appointment and regulate it throughout the pregnancy. It's not really a big deal, so I'm not too worried. I only had to have antibiotics with Savannah 4 hours before she was born, which is what they will probably do again this time too. I think they are just playing it ultra-safe seeing as my water broke before I had the antibiotics last time. 

I was also given a prescription to help with this morning sickness! HALLELUJAH! At first, it didn't completely get rid of it, it only helped lessen it. But over the last week or so, I've been feeling back to normal. Every now and then, I will feel a little sick, mostly if I haven't eaten or if I'm driving, but it's really made a whole world of difference! Hopefully in the next week or 2 I'll be able to be completely off the medication and back to normal. I'm also looking foreword to getting my energy back, at least some of it. I can tell I'm already feeling better. I can get through the day without a nap, but I'm still in bed by 9:30 or 10:30, when I used to go to bed around midnight. Oh well, If I get the chance to go to bed early, I'll take it!

So there it is! Our next appointment is in about 2 weeks. This pregnancy is going by so much faster than the first! I can't wait to have 2 little kiddos to love and cuddle all day! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a mother!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!

1 comment: