Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Small accomplishments

Today I feel like I accomplished a lot.
At least, a lot more than I have been in the last 10 months.

Today I:
Got ready for school
Tossed dinner in the crockpot
Went to a lecture on the Russian civil rights movement
Took myself out to breakfast at Ernies
Came home and got Savannah ready for the day (dressed, fed, etc...)
Cleaned my kitchen
Cleaned my dishwasher, then ran a load of dishes
Mopped my whole apartment... twice (it was that gross)
Took a math test online (while holding a baby that wanted my undivided attention, and who smeared half-eaten wheat biscuits all over my face)
Did 2 loads of laundry
Cleaned up a diaper blow-out (add another load of laundry...)
Finished making dinner just as Bryant walked in the door from work
Watched and episode from one of my favorite new shows with my little family while eating roast and potatos
Finished an article for V Magazine (more on that next week!)
Sent the hubby off to get me some ice-cream, and then sent the baby off with my brother for 20 minutes to sit down and write a blog-post.
 
And tonight, I plan on climbing into bed and reading some more of 'The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest'. It's just starting to get really good...
Today wasn't busy by most busy-day standards. I am positive that there are many other moms out there who are far more busy and juggle way more every day. But with a baby girl who had been learning to climb everything, like the stairs, and who has also wanted all of my attention All. The. Time. lately, this was a busy, and productive day.

I feel good about it.
 











1 comment:

  1. Wow that was a busy day! That makes me feel like I was lazy yesterday. ha ha. It does feel so nice to not just stay busy, I could do that all day on the computer, but be productive busy.
    Way to go Brooke!

    ReplyDelete