Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

10 Months!

Little miss Savannah turned 10 months old yesterday!
She is really starting to feel like a toddler, even though she is still just a baby.
She is starting to learn things and pick up new things really fast.



For instance, my parents taught her the actions to pat-a-cake and how to blow kisses in about 2 days.
Now she will be crawling around, then stop, turn to look at you, and start clapping her hands and "rolling" them, and she likes to wave and blow kisses at everyone!

(She never keeps her feet in her high chair)

She is getting really good at walking while hanging onto things like the coffee table. She also can get from a sitting position to a standing one by rocking on her bum and pushing her legs up. She's even tried to do it a couple of times without anything to hang onto, which usually leads to her falling back down after a split second, but she is always really proud of herself. 

(Her favorite toys are still the remote and my phone)

She climbs EVERYTHING. She likes to climb grandma and grandpa's stairs, she's climbed into the dishwasher while I was loading it, she even likes to stack up her toys in her play yard and climb up on them!

(She always flips her driving toy over and stands on it)

She LOVES to make you laugh and she loves to tease people. She still really loves people and will go to anyone (people keep telling me that babies have a shy and clingy period, but she still loves attention). I had to apologize to a lady at a restaurant the other day because she was going to sit down in her chair and her bum was right next to Savannah, who was sitting in a high chair. Savannah turned around and grabbed her bum and started laughing. Oops!

 (Pulling all the wipes out of the box)


I have a feeling another tooth is coming through. The last 2 nights she has slept through the night, but before that, there was 2 weeks where she would wake up screaming like she was in pain, and wouldn't go back to sleep for hours. I tried everything, baby orajel, teething tablets, cold washcloths to let her chew on... Finally, I decided to give her a half dose of baby tylenol and that seems to have done the trick because I was finally able to get some sleep!


(This video is from last night, Savannah was laying down like she was going to sleep. I didn't want her to sleep yet because it was 9:00 (If she goes to bed at 9, she wakes up at 11 and is up till 1. Plus, I was waiting for her pajamas to dry, so I told her she couldn't sleep yet, Then she started to "pretend" to fall asleep. I had to get the camera out because she was cracking herself up!)

I can't believe my baby girl will be a year old in 2 months! Where has the time gone?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment