Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

9 Months!

Savannah turned 9 months old on Christmas day! I have officially had her for as long as I carried her (Its so weird that it's been over 1 1/2 years since I first became pregnant!) 

It feels as if she has changed so much in the last month. Not only physically, but she has really developed her personality and her mobility has increased. It doesn't feel like she's my little baby anymore, she seems like my almost-toddler! 



We had her 9 month check up a few days after Christmas and just like always, the doctor is really impressed with her health and development. I was worried because she really hasn't gained that much weight since her last appointment, but he said her blood test indicated that she is getting a perfect balance of nutrition, all of the food she is eating goes to her growth. She's still tall and skinny (like her mama used to be...) 


She is 27 3/4 in. long (56th percentile)
She weighs 17lbs 11oz (28th percentile)
and her head is 45.1cm around (82nd percentile, although, her head surprisingly looks very proportional to her body.)

I really like her pediatrician. He is never critical of my questions, he is supportive of my decisions and he is so sweet with Savannah. I even love that he calls her Little Savannah Jane, rather than just Savannah. It's cute. If you ever need a good recommendation for a pediatrician, give me a call.

She's gotten her second tooth. I was working on Christmas Eve and I had left her with my parents to babysit and when I went on my lunch break, I checked my phone and saw a text message from my mom that said "Savannah has her 2nd tooth! It's on the bottom next to the first one!". It's fun to see her getting teeth, but I feel bad when she's in pain. It is cute that she keeps playing with her teeth with her tongue though. 

 (Dinner with her Grandma Stokes)

She's also starting to get a bit more hair. Most people probably can't tell, but I can. It looks like it will be dark, like her dads. Its weird because whenever I pictured my future kids, I always pictured them blond. I don't know why, probably because almost all of the kids on my side of the family are blond. But I am SO excited that her hair may be dark. It's going to look beautiful! We still can't tell what her eyes will be. They look like they are going to be brown, but there is some green in there too. I'm thinking they will be hazel, like her parents!

Like I said, her mobility has really increased this last month. She is no longer happy to just sit around, she has to be moving, or for her, preferably standing. She's a little mountain goat when it comes to climbing. If you are holding her, she is climbing up your chest and arms to look behind you, if she's in her play yard, shes gathering all of her toys in the corner and climbing up on them. Yesterday, She was trying to climb into her toy box. This kid just goes, and goes, and goes. 

Her personality is really shining through too. She loves to tease and play and make people laugh. She loves to pull faces and the more someone laughs at her, the more extreme and silly they get. She thinks she is so funny and loves all of the attention. She also likes to tease people. She will smack you in the face if you are asleep, pull your hair when you're not looking, and crawl away screaming and laughing if you chase her. She's also figured out the "drop things on the floor or out of my crib and watch my parents pick it up repeatedly" game. At least I'm getting some exercise out of it...


She also "dances" on occasion. Especially if there is a commercial or if Elmo is on. She sits and bounces. Too cute! 

With her fun personality, she is also getting an attitude. She is good at letting you know when she's mad and has learned the art of the "fake cry" to get what she wants. She's also learned what "no" means, but doesn't always listen. Usually, she will start chewing on my phone, or pulling books off the shelf or something she knows she shouldn't then look at me with a smile on her face and shake her head "no-no", It's cute, and at least she has the general idea. We'll get there...


No comments:

Post a Comment