Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Holly Jolly Christmas!

Christmas this year was extra special because I got to watch my own daughter enjoy it!
This year, Bryant and I had to work on Christmas Eve (like every year, but this year I didn't have to close, which was so nice!). After work, we picked Savannah up from my parents who were babysitting her and headed up to visit Bryan't Aunt and Uncle and their family.
(Eating a candy cane on Christmas Eve)

We ate sandwiches, played hide and seek with the kids and visited for a while, and had a good laugh when Bryant's cousins and their wives/girlfriends/fiance's sang Christmas carols on the porch.

After our visit, we headed back to my parent's house for dinner.
 (Stacked enchiladas with cottage cheese and a fried egg on top. This is Bryant's plate, I don't eat eggs...)

My Mom made my favorite dinner: enchiladas! We then opened our yearly Christmas Eve pajamas. We showed Savannah how to rip the wrapping paper open and once she got the hang of it, she LOVED it, and tried to open all of the other presents.
 (Playing with the wrapping paper)

The next morning, my sister woke everyone up at 6:30, and we headed to the living room to open presents. Savannah wasn't as interested in the presents as she was the night before because she normally sleeps until 8:30 or 9:30 and was up a little too early for her liking. She did enjoy playing with the wrapping paper on the floor, but mostly just wanted to cuddle with her grandma.
(Savannah got a new high chair! Finally!)

(My gift from Bryant. I saw this before my birthday and Bryant went back to the store repeatedly to get it for me but it was always gone. He finally found it! I LOVE it!)

(My handsome hubby rockin' the sweater I got him!)

(He'll do anything to make his daughter laugh!)

Savannah got pretty spoiled and got TWO different Elmos! Both from both sets of Grandparents. She was in Elmo heaven!

After presents, we got dressed and headed to church, then came home for biscuits and gravy for breakfast. After breakfast, everyone, including Savy, took a 3 hour nap! We all got up just in time to get ready and head over to my grandparents house for dinner.
(Playing with he duck she got from my aunt Lynae!

We all had a really wonderful Christmas this year. Hopefully next Christmas, we can finally spend it with Bryant's family (he's spent Christmas with them once since he was 19 I think! Thats one time in 7 years!) But it all depends if I'm still working at the bookstore.
 (Our little Christmas tree. I really really wanted a big, live tree, but we just didn't have the room. In fact, that tree is sitting on a coffee table to make more space. I was ok with our little teeny tree though after I realized that I don't even have enough ornaments to decorate a big tree...)

(Savannah's first Christmas Ornament! We got it for her on our trip to Disneyland in October, which I still need to write about... Also, my grandma gave her a vintage Disneyland ornament for Christmas! Maybe we will have to start a whole collection for her!)

Our Christmas was fun, peaceful and full of family and love. 
Hope yours was too!

1 comment: