Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Published!

So remember I mentioned that I was writing an article for V Magazine?
Well, that issue came out yesterday!


I had been in contact with a friend from when I was living in Provo who was asking for people to submit articles/artwork/poems/short stories and the like, and I had mentioned that my Dad is an artist. She then asked if I would be interested in writing a spotlight on him for their next issue. Who wouldn't pass up an opportunity to brag about their dad?

I'm pretty proud of my little article. Even though it's just in a small little university paper, I still feel accomplished. 
 
 

So, If you happen to go to UVU, pick up a copy in the newsstands, or you can read the article HERE.

They changed the layout of my article a bit, and I think it doesn't flow as well, but hey, what do I know, I'm not a journalism major...

Anyways, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I loved it! Great writing, congrats on being published! Your dad is such an inspiration, it's awesome to see him spotlighted like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the new author! I'm really impressed with the article, Brooke. Do you have plans to write in the future? If not, you should make some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! I've always thought about writing because I've had several professors tell me they would like to see my research papers published in history journals, but I've always felt like research was all I could do. But this article has given me some confidence because I've gotten quite a few responses on it from people! Maybe there is a future in writing...

      Delete