Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I owe my puppy a steak dinner.


Poor little Ace.
It was about that time to get him neutered so we made an appointment for him this morning at 7am.

We had kept him in last night and usually he does really well if I let him sleep on the bed, but he is just too big now (He kicks ME out when he sleeps). So we moved his pillow to our bedroom and he was up all night.He wasn't allowed to eat past 5:00 the day before so i'm sure he was starving because if I let him, he would eat 24/7 until he exploded.
So he whined and whined and whined! When the alarms went off at 6:30, Bryant and I got up to get dressed and ready and so what do we find when we walk back to the room?
Ace completely zonked on the bed.
The little stinker.
So we get to the clinic and we are the first people there, and Ace is a little nervous. Then people started pouring in with cats and dogs and he got REALLY nervous. He was so scared, he hid behind Bryant and curled up. One cat that hissed at him made him nearly jump out of his skin!

Finally, a lady comes out with a leash and slips it over his head. She made it halfway to the door when he wiggled out of it and ran and hid under the bench and wouldn't come out.

Finally, we get him out from under there and the vet puts the leash back on and Ace lays completely spread-eagle style on the ground and she had to slide him all the way to the back room.
I felt bad, but it was pretty funny.

I had to go into work for a bit this afternoon so Bryant went to pick him up and took him home. When I got home, he just came up to me and it seemed like he was giving me his version of a doggy-hug. He leaned his body against my legs and just sighed.

He's been pretty out of it all afternoon. And he's tired but he can't seem to get comfortable anywhere. One minute he wants to sit between Bryant and I on the couch, then he wants to cuddle with me on the bed, then he wants to be on his pillow, then the wood floor.Unfortunately, Ace doesn't photograph well because he's so dark, but this moment was too cute to pass up. He fell asleep for a bit on the couch, curled up next to his stuffed football. (And yes, that football has arms... It had legs too but Ace chewed them off)

Poor guy, I feel like my own kid just had surgery and I didn't get to be with him.

My brother Colter says I owe him a steak dinner, and I have to agree. He's been such a little trooper.

3 comments:

  1. Awww poor Ace!! Every time you post pictures of him you make me miss my pup more!!
    It's so odd that all animals have get so nervous even the first time they go to the vet!! Like they know they have to hide... I did feel horrible every time my dog/son needed to go because he always looked at me like saying 'noooooo!!pleaaase!!' :D it is funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor guy. Mowgli is terrified of the vet and pees on the floor when he goes... Oh boy. Does he have to wear a cone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They gave him a cone but he has not been messing with his stitches so I have not had to make him wear it. Sage calls it the "cone of shame"!

    ReplyDelete