Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween adventures!

Halloween was most definitely a success this year. Friday night we had our annual ward trunk-or-treat. We usually do it out in the church parking lot and everyone decorates their trunks and then the kids trick or treat from car to car. But this year it was just too cold (we had snow flurries off and on all day) so they moved it inside to the gym. We are still getting to know everyone (people confuse us with another new couple named the Francoms) but it was fun to see our little primary kids all dressed up (we teach the CTR 8 class).
Bryant was Clark Kent. I really love the glasses, they really made the costume awesome.I was Peter Pan. I made the costume, but my dad made my little sword and I borrowed the hat from my brother, who got it in Disneyland.This is Rylan, he's in our class and he's my friends nephew. He was the Joker from Batman.This is Brandon, Rylan's brother. He was superman too, muscles and all!And this is Daxton, another boy from our class. He was the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz and he had a LOT of fun teasing and playing with Bryant at the party.And last but not least, my little sister Sage (wearing a troll costume she came up with and made herself) sang the ghostbusters song and won a prize for "most memorable song".

Then yesterday, I ended up having to work all day, but I got to wear my costume. A few people dressed up as characters from books, which I thought was really creative. One girl from the cafe even dressed up as one of our managers. After I got off work, Bryant and I went out to eat at Red Robin with some of his basketball and work friends. It was fun and everyone had really fun costumes. After dinner, we headed over to my friend's new apartment for a Halloween party. On our way home we stopped for hot chocolate and got Shaun of the Dead to watch at home (you always need a good/funny zombie movie to top off halloween).

Today was a perfect Sunday. We got to sleep in a bit (until we were rudely woken up by Ace running in and jumping right inbetween us) and we only had 3 kids in our primary class today which makes it a lot easier to keep their attention and keep them quiet. After church we gave our puppy a much needed bath and he took a nice long nap with us while watching some football.

At 5:00 we went down to my cousins church for their baby's blessing and Bryant got to be in the circle, wich was really cool. Baby Jackson has gotten so big! The last time I saw him he was 6 pounds, and today he weighed in at 11! Baby's and puppies should stay little forever :)

2 comments:

  1. BROOKE!!! Hi! I am so excited that you have a blog! It looks like you are doing well! Take care! Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Peter Pan costume!!!! I was peter pan one year. FAVORITE COSTUME ever. I got to jump around and pretend to be a little boy. i love Halloween. It looks like you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete