Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chef Brooke and Sous Chef Ace

So far, its been a great week. On Saturday, I convinced Bryant to come with me after we both got off work to do some Christmas ornament shopping. We headed over to the mall, but after about an hour of shopping around, I realized it would be a heck of a lot cheaper and more fun to just make the ornaments this year. So I called my mom and asked her to pick up some pine cones from outside her office for me. I didn't come away empty handed though, I bought this great hat for only 3 bucks!
Cute right?Bryant tried it on and this is pretty much the funniest picture in the whole world...

That night, it was Bryant's friend and co-worker Eric's Birthday, and his wife invited us to a surprise party at Olive Garden. Afterwards we headed over tot their house to have cake and play some games. We were both really excited to get out and hang out with other married couples.

I didn't have to work today so I decided that I'd make a really big dinner for Bryant when he got home from work. I know he loves lasagna and he has been telling me forever that I should learn how to make it, so I got a little adventurous and decided to give it a try. The recipe said it would take a total of about 45 minutes to make. It took me 2 and a half hours!!! But I had the help of my excellent sous chef, Ace!He was very patient and watched me almost the whole time. I think he was protecting me from the oven, which I discovered tonight is something he's really scared of. He would stare at it and start barking, which is something he doesn't really do unless you bark at him first, and when Bryant came and opened it, he freaked out and ran away.He calmed down as soon as we closed it and he went back to watching patiently. He's a messier cook than me though, notice the pile of crumbs left behind him from an English muffin I put him in charge of...

In the end, the lasagna came out PERFECTLY! My brother even came in and had a plate and he said he liked it. It's a lot of work, so maybe it will be a Sunday-only dinner, but I was super proud of myself, and I was really glad that Bryant loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Yum... i love lasagna. your's looks really tasty. My puppy doesn't help me cook or protect me from the oven.. he just waits for me to drop food. p.s. I love love your hat!

    ReplyDelete