Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

6 Months!

Well, we have been married for 6 months today! Sometimes it feels like we have been married a lot longer than that and some days I think about the day we got married and think "holy cow, it's really been that long?". It's been a really great six months and im so excited to see what the next six months bring.

So i know 6 months is not a HUGE deal or anything, but I still convinced Bryant to take me out to a movie last night. We ended up seeing The Blindside, which I was not too excited to see at first because the football, underdog type movie has been overdone so many times it's burnt to a crisp. But It was surprisingly very good. Definitely one worth seeing.

As for this week, again not much happened. Both of us have been working a lot and I have been able to pick up a few more hours because we are getting into our holiday crunch and the store has been BUSY! Even with the new In-n-out, 5 1/2 hour drive through wait overtaking our parking lot.

On Wednesday, I realized that after 6 months in our ward, our only friends are our 8 year old primary kids, when Rylan unexpectedly showed up at our doorstep, wondering if Bryant wanted to play. It was cute, for sure, but depressing that instead of being invited to ward parties and relief society events, we were being asked to play football by an 8 year old. But I took Ace out and while Rylan, Bryant and the neighbor boy who asked to join tossed a pig skin around, Ace and I had our own football game with his stuffed football.
Needless to say, Ace kicked my Butt.
Rylan had a lot of fun. The neighbor kid got a little competitive so I felt bad, but Bryant was good about keeping it fair. Afterwards, Rylan told us that he would come over every Wednesday to play if that was ok with us.

Today, we went to church and for some reason ALL of our kids were super hyperactive. Noel, one of our girls, didn't want to come to class and her mom asked me if I could go talk to her. I found her out in the lobby and she said she wanted to go home because she had spacers put in her teeth and they really hurt. I knew there was more then that so we spent about 20 minutes just talking and I was asking her about her favorite thanksgiving food and she wanted to know my favorite 2 colors put together. After a while she said she had forgotten that her teeth hurt because she was thinking of other things, and so I told her that coming to the rest of sharing time would help keep her mind off it. So we went back together and I was really happy when the other 2 girls leaned back to her when we sat down and one told her she had a really cute dress on and the other said she really liked her hair. I think that even at 8 years old, people just need a good confidence boost every now and then. After that, she was happy as a clam the rest of the day.

After church, I was able to work on some christmas crafts. Bryant should not let me go to Michaels craft store alone because It's like sending a kid into a candy store. I just worked on a wreath and then I made some pinecone ornaments.

I thought they turned out really cute, but I promised myself I wouldn't put them up until after Thanksgiving (saves me a lot of flack, I know it's not Christmas yet, but when it's cold and snowy, I can't help but get excited...) Oh well, Thursday will be here soon enough.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, my mom made a Turkey with all the fixin's today and we had our neighbors and my parents really good friends the Ostergaards over for a mini-thanksgiving dinner. I think we should have 2 thanksgivings every year!

On kind of a sadder note, which I feel like writing down cause it's been the cause of all my stress this week, I found our that school is going to take me even longer than origionally planned. I went to a counselor last year who admitted me into the History Education program at UVU. He said everything was taken care of and that I was on track to be done next fall if I did classes in the summer too. I was super excited for this and as I was registering for my final secondary education classes (I only have 1 more history to finish) It was saying that I did not have the pre-requisits for the classes I had to do. So I contacted the department chair for the secondary ed program. Come to find out, I AM enrolled in the history education program, however, they didn't tell me that the Secondary Ed program is not technically through UVU. It's an entirely different admissions process and that I had to apply and perform an Interview with the Dean. To make matters worse, I have missed the deadline for spring term, and now have to apply at the end of next semester for FALL semester.

I was really upset about this because I wish the couselor I talked to had told me this. It just set back all of my plans a lot further than I want them to be. And to make matters worse, I will only be able to take 2 classes next semester because I don't need anything else except for those education classes.

I'm really hoping it all works out. Thankfully I'm not the only person who didn't know this. My friend who is in the elementary Ed program said that she didn't know and had to do it all too. UVU's counselors have always been really awful. They don't ever seem to have all the information you need. On the brightside, I'll still be able to get my grant with only 6 credits (origionally I was told I could only get it full time, they were wrong about that too) And I'll be able to work a lot more and save up a lot more money.

3 comments:

  1. Happy six months!! And I love your wreath and the pine cone ornaments! I can't go into Michaels alone either. I wander around forgetting why I went there and I leave with a thousand things that weren't even on my list... it's crazy. I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Not because I like turkey. (I hate it) Just because after Thanksgiving I'm decorating!!! Seriously though, your ornaments are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! We had our early Thanksgiving yesterday also, but that is because we will be at Disneyland for Thanksgiving. As for the friends in the ward thing...we finally figured out we have to initiate and invite people over. BJ loves to cook, so it works out well. Have fun decorating for Christmas!!! (I have to wait until we get back from our vacation.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute crafts! I love working on Christmas things!

    ReplyDelete