Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Day

Thank goodness for Thanksgiving break!

Bryant and I started off the week with me dragging him with me to go Christmas shopping. We started off by getting a few games of bowling in at Jack and Jills because we realized we have not been since my birthday. After that, Bryant took me to lunch at a new bakery called Flour Girls and Dough Boys. They have sandwiches, soups, breads and lots of cakes and cookies and things like that. I really like the inside of it, it's small but fun and the few times we have been there it's packed.
After lunch, we headed over to Khols were we picked up a few cheap ornaments and browsed around for some gift ideas. Then it was time to grocery shop for thanksgiving!

Wednesday night and Thursday morning I made 5 deserts. I made 2 chocolate chip cookie pies, a chocolate pudding pie, a banana cream pie and, per special request of Bryant, an apple crisp. We Spent Thanksgiving up at my aunt Paulines house in South Jordan. Not many people were able to come this year, but it was still fun.
Colter, Sawyer and Bryant trying to avoid getting their picture taken.This picture has some explaining needed.... This is carrot pudding. Yup Carrot pudding. When I was little we had this tradition thats been around for a while but we have not done it in a long time and my aunt decided to revive it. Notice the silver tinfoil in it? Those are coins wrapped in tinfoil. Your supposed to eat the pudding and you get to keep any money you find in it, and if you find a penny, you get a prize. I found one and I got a bottle of coke :) which, I have found a way to make it into a christmas ornament, photos to follow soon...

After dinner and hanging out for a bit (long enough for the 2 new babies to wake up so I could see them) we headed off to my grandma Peacocks house for some desert. We also drew names christmas this year. I got my cousins wife Carrie, and Bryant got my cousins new baby Jackson (i'll admit, I kind of peeked into the bowl to make sure we got jackson...)

Both Bryant and I had to work today. I was worried it was going to be crazy, but this year, instead of just me all by my lonesome at the Information desk, They paired me and a girl names Quincy up to be "Info Statues" We were told not to worry about answering phones, or putting away spits (the books people leave on the floor that we have to put away) which consumes a lot of time, especially when there are a lot of people to help. Plus the assigned 1 person in every zone to help customers out and answere phones, recover and put away spits. So Quincy and I actually had it very easy.
Bryant was busy today also. He made the store record for selling the most to 1 customer today, which got us a free dinner at tucanos from his boss!

Tomorrow, I have to work again but not until 4 so Bryant and I have the morning together, which is rare. I really want to put up Christmas decorations tomorrow, and my parents bought us two mini fake christmas trees (apparently they were buy one get one free). I know Bryant thinks its too early, but i'm going to have to enlist his help to encite some holliday cheer into him.

No comments:

Post a Comment