Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Not-so-eventful week

So Nothing really major went on this week, but I was just itching to write a new blog.

During the week, absolutely nothing happened and it was even more boring due to the fact that I was sick AGAIN (actually, I think it may be the same thing I had a few weeks ago so I have a sneaky feeling that it's just lingering), So I spent a lot of time watching movies and studying for my Utah History midterm that was Thursday and my American History exam (not a midterm) which was, for some dumb reason, scheduled on Saturday.

Sunday was the most eventful day. We woke up and went to my Aunt and Uncle's ward where my cousin Wyatt was being ordained a teacher. We were only able to stay for the ordination and had to skip out on breakfast at my aunts because we had to get back to our ward to teach our primary kids. Unfortunately, it was our kids turn to do the talks and scriptures, but 2 were gone, and 1 forgot to tell his parents so only Mikaila remembered to do the scripture. Embarrassing.

After church we headed up to visit my Grandpa and bring him dinner and cookies. We decided to bring Ace, which was an adventure in itself. He is huge! But unfortunately, he still thinks he can crawl in your lap so for the first 20 minutes of the ride, he was trying to get comfortable on my lap. It was funny because one minute he would want to lay down and curl up, then the next he wanted to look out the window. He just couldn't decided what he wanted to do.

Eventually, I decided that he was too heavy to be a wiggle worm up front so I tossed him (quite literally cause he didn't want to go) in the backseat, where he decided that it was a pretty good deal, curled up in the corner, and fell asleep.
Once we got to my grandpas, we decided to hook him up outside, and for the next 3 hours, he HOWLED like there was no tomorrow. We realized that that was the first time he was left alone. He is always either with us or with the other dogs. Not once has he been alone. Poor guy, but he has to learn sometime. Grandpa even said he was going to train that dog to meow.

My grandpa seemed to be doing really good. He has a lot of good neighbors that take him out to dinner and come over to visit a lot, which makes me really glad that he's not just alone out there. He was joking that the hardest thing is learning to cook. Looks like we are in the same boat.

After a quick bite to eat, we made the trip home, where Ace sat quietly in the back again, but this time, he kept sneaking up next to us and licking our ears. When he finally got tired, I stuck my hand back there to pet him and he laid his head in my hand. Pretty much the cutest thing in the whole world. He just always wants someone to play and cuddle with.

1 comment:

  1. Eh I hate being sick, it sucks when the sickness just "lingers" and you seem to never get better. It's so cute your pup thinks he is a lap dog. I bed he has a big howl haha he is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete