Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Advenures in Park City

This whole week had been pretty miserable. Last Monday I had woken up feeling a little under the weather, and since I had a lot going on at school at work, I figured I was just wearing down a bit and would be fine. By Tuesday however, I had a full blown cold and there was no way I was going to get out of bed. I had to work later that night and there was nothing due at school so I took the morning off to sleep in and rest up. By 4:00 that afternoon however, I realized I was not going to function at work either and called in sick (which was a pain cause no one would cover for me, which I'm sure made my managers a little mad at me). Wednesday was the worst of all and again, I missed school and luckily I did not have to work. By Thursday I was feeling a bit better but had lost my voice and by Friday I was feeling about 80% normal, minus a cough and still no voice.

Bryant and I had been planning to spend Saturday up in Park City all week and I was determined to go, despite the fact that I was hacking up a lung. So Saturday afternoon we jumped in the car to spend a chilly day in one of my favorite cities.
Bryant next to a moose sculpture. Park City is kind of an "artsy" town and for some reason everyone here really likes moose, so you find these moose sculptures everywhere, and they all have different designs on them. This, I'm guessing is a girl moose.
For lunch, I had to take Bryant to my favorite pizza joint. Main Street Pizza and Noodle!

We used to eat here every time we came up as a family when I was little.
So I think this picture is just about the funniest thing I have seen in a while. We were walking up the main street and we saw this in the window (the front was just a white fur patch over this mannequin) and immediately we HAD to go in and see this store. Come to find out, it was a really nice store that sold super expensive all fur coats. Not really something you go browsing for or impulse buy. So I asked Bryant why he thought they put this in their front window if all they sell were pricey old-rich people coats. He had a good point, seeing this in the window intrigued us enough to go in...

I really liked these posters that we saw in a shop. Park City is a tourist infested place for 2 reasons: The Sundance Film Festival and Skiing.
For our last stop of the day we had to get some hot chocolate. It was starting to get cold so what better place to have the first hot chocolate of the season!
Just a quick shot of the main street before we headed home.
On the way home I was having fun snapping shots of Provo canyon. All the leaves are changing and it was so beautiful! This is a quick shot of Bridal Veil falls.

All in all, Saturday was perfect and tons of fun! We came home, turned on the heater to warm up and watched Snatch. The perfect ending to a great day.

As for today, we enjoyed sleeping in and watching conference in bed while eating PB and J sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke Peacock who is no longer Brooke Peacock.. We are going to be blog buddies now just so you know... We live in a downstairs apartment too! It's frustrating I want to carve pumpkins but whats the point? no one sees them... Maybe next year. I wish I could have come to your wedding or something.. We have been moving around the US too much.. But at least I have a blog. Anyways, looks like you had fun in Park City, Sorry you were sick. I hate being sick.

    ReplyDelete