Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rainy California

So when you think of California, most people think LA, San Francisco or San Diego, Blue skies, beaches and warm weather. Northern California, however is very different. It is still VERY beautiful. I grew up camping and hiking in the mountains of Utah so I love places like this. Unfortunately, it has been pouring rain for over 24 hours Non-Stop! Bryant was determined to take me out and show me the town. The first time we came here was last November and it was super cold and we spent a lot of time with his family. The second time we were out here, it was for our wedding reception so we were very busy with that and didn't see much of the town, so this time, Bryant was going to take me out and about. So we layered up and headed out!

We first drove up to lake Syskiyou (I hope I spelled that right). It was gorgeous! It was a beautiful lake and we drove up fpllowing the river that fed into it. But there were rocks sliding into the road from all the rain so we headed back before we could make it very far.

Next we drove around the main part of town and showed me all the shops. We didn't go out and explore because of all the rain and it was really cold. We then decided to go to a pizza place called Say Cheese where they have these cool little pizza sticks. You basically choose what you want on a pizza, then they put in on some dough and roll it up and back it. Really yummy!

Next, I wasn't feeling very good so I made Bryant take me to the grocery store where he used to work in High School and buy me some crackers. They had some pumpkins outside so I thought it would be fun to take some home and carve them!

Bryant hard at work!
This is my pumpkin. I like this picture because it looks like a candle is in it. There isn't one but the light from the window made it look really cool.Bryant's pumpkin lost a fang, but still looks really scary! :)

I'm hoping the weather lets up because I really want to go to Oregon tomorrow. I've never been and we are so close to it so I figured, why not? Plus, I have heard there is an amazing pizza place there and i'm willing to drive to a different state for good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment