Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

I hate Nevada...

This week was fairly uneventful until the weekend. Saturday Bryant and I woke up early and went to get my oil changed in my car, then went and got library cards and rented two books on tape. That afternoon we went to visit my Grandma. She has had cancer for the last year and a half and we think she may be at her last week. She looked really good, other than being extremal thin, and she seemed to be in a fairly good mood about everything. It was a really good day, my whole family was there and I was glad that no one was sad or upset. Everyone was having a good time visiting and everyone was happy to spend this time as a family.

The next morning Bryant and I left for Mt. Shasta California where he grew up and where his parents still live. It's fall break next week at my school and I was able to get it off work so we thought it was a perfect week to go out and visit. We left at about 9:30 in the morning and got there at 9:30 California time. It took us exactly 13 hours, which was really good time considering that we stopped twice to eat and a few times to get gas and get out to stretch.
This is Bryant enjoying an In-N-Out double double in Reno. I'm so excited because they are building one in my works parking lot! One of the first in northern Utah! Woo!

A twelve hour drive is not that bad. It's long but our books on tape kept us entertained and I was able to sleep a bit and play some games on the computer. But the thing that drove me nuts was that Nevada is so UGLY. There is just the same thing over and over for HOURS.
And its funny because Utah is beautiful and right now very colorful with all the leaves changing. Then you cross the Nevada border and its just dry and lifeless. Then you cross into California and it's instantly beautiful again. Especially here in Northern California.

But we made it and we are here and I love it here! Mt. Shasta is a really cool little town and tons of fun!

1 comment:

  1. eh... driving.... I remember driving that same drive when we lived in California. It's boring. sage brush... gray sage brush... I love your background and your header so much. I love the vintage classic look. I'm also really sorry to hear about your grandma. I'm glad you got to visit her though.

    ReplyDelete