Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Birthday week

So its been a while since the last blog because our cord to our laptop was not working and so the laptop was dead for over a week.

Last week was my 22nd birthday and Bryant surprised me by taking me to the bowling alley where all my friends were waiting.

Jason being sad over a gutter ball.

Then after bowling, we went to the high school homecoming game to watch my little brother play, which was a lot of fun. My whole family was there including my aunt and uncle and their boys, and a lot of our neighbors.

It's hard to see my brother, but he's on the sideline and he is number 57.

On Sunday, Bryant and I went for a ride up the canyon on his new motorcycle.

It was the perfect temperature and it was beautiful with all of the leaves changing. I want to take Bryant up to the cave up there sometime before it closes for the winter.

When we got home, my grandparents came over for dinner. Since it was my birthday dinner with the family, I chose to have my moms enchiladas, which are my favorite, and my little brother made all of us Peach cobbler for desert.

On Monday i decided to test out my birthday present from my parents. They gave me a whole set of cake decorating stuff like a baking pan, a fondant roller, frosting tips, pattern stencils, etc. Cake decorating is a hobby I have wanted to try for a long time. My aunt has always made really cool cakes for my birthdays growing up and she did our wedding cake for the Utah reception. I'd really like to find a class somewhere eventually. But I decided to try my first cake last week and this is the outcome


I used just regular frosting and not fondant. For some reason trying fondant scares the pants off me. Im just worried that it will be a major disaster. Someday I'll do it though. I think I'll have my aunt show me step by step so I wont just be doing it by myself and get confused. This cake that I made turned out a little messed up, but I didn't expect much for my first time. At least it tasted good.

No comments:

Post a Comment