Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

A busy week

This last week was a busy but exciting one. I started my first full week of school, and after a mix-up with a class, the rest of the week went pretty smooth with no other hiccups. Sunday was Bryant's 24th birthday, and to celebrate we went up to my grandparent's cabin with some friends over the weekend. We had the best tinfoil dinners ever on Friday night, then spent all day saturday hiking, shooting and 4-wheeling.
Sunday we had my family and my grandparents over for dinner (tri-tip, his favorite) and just to humor him about his complaining that he never gets a little kids-type party anymore, I bought Transformer party hats, spiderman plates, and made him a superman cake.
As for gifts, my parents probably got him the thing he wanted most. They recently had a litter of puppies and we had grown very attached to one, but we were told that we had to give him away, but then my brother came marching in with a gift bag and with it's head poking out was our puppy!


We decided to name him Ace. He is he sweetest thing in the whole world. Unfortunately, he developed a disease that is nicknamed the "puppy strangler". His face, neck and belly swelled up and he lost a lot of fur on his nose and ears. After a rush visit to the vet, we was stuck on some steroids and the swelling fortunately went down, but he wont ever grow his fur back. But looking on the bright side, he is healthy and safe and looking much better!


Later in the week we decided to catch an Orem Owlz baseball game. I love baseball but the only way Bryant will watch it with me is if it is a live game :) And to our surprise it just so happened to be dollar Tuesday! Admission for every seat was 1$ and hot dogs, drinks and popcorn were all a buck.
This is Hootz, the Owlz mascot. Apparently they have a girl owl this year too, but I didn't snag a picture of her.
Bryant enjoying our perfect 1$ seats!

We ended up leaving at the 7th inning because Bryant had a soccer game. For the last year he has been playing on an indoor soccer league. He really loves it and I love going to watch him. This week he had two games in two days, and he played goalie. The first game, the first guy to play goalie had six goals get past him, and so at half time they stuck Bryant in and he only allowed 1 in!
Then Yesterday (Saturday) after I got off work, we took off for Idaho where Bryant's brother Jacob and his wife Sally live. His parents are bringing his little sister Chantel out to BYU-I and brought out his Dads motorcycle that we are buying from him. So this was a great chance to see everyone again before it gets busy with school and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment