Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pool Party

Last night, we attended our ward's yearly end of summer party at the local pool.




We started the night off with some games for the kids, and dinner. It was fun getting to talk to a few neighbors (I feel like after 4 years of living here, people are starting to finally see me as their neighbor, and not just the girl who babysat for them when I was a kid! I feel like such a grown-up...)

Savannah barely ate anything, she was far more interested in the volleyball sand pit, where she got sand in her mouth, hair and eyes, and was covered from head to toe in dirt. Every few minutes, she would come to me crying and asking me to wash her arms, or face or hands. And I'll apologize to our neighbors now for when Savy took a swig of water, then spit it out next to your food while trying to get sand out of her mouth...



This was her first time with water wings, she thought they were pretty awesome. While I was taking this, she said she was showing me her muscles. And afterwords, she kissed both of them and said "my muscles are so pretty..."



After dinner, we got in the pool. Savannah had a blast! This was the first time we have taken her to a pool all summer. With having Deagan in June, I just never found the time or energy to attempt to take both kids to the pool. Last year, when we would take Savy to the pool, she would be so scared that she would cling onto Bryant or I the entire time. This time, she was going down the slide backwards, and even took off into the deep end by herself (we went after her, no worries). She loved having the water wings and would swim around all by herself. She told me that she was flying like Tinkerbell.


(sorry the photos are all blurry, it was getting dark, and all I have is my iphone camera.)
 
Even Deagan got his toes in the water. I mostly carried him around while wading in the kiddie pool watching Savannah. Eventually, he fell asleep so I put him in the stroller and made Bryant watch him, while I went with Savannah to the deep end, where she enjoyed jumping off the side of the pool into my arms. 

When we got home, it was late and Savannah was exhausted, but I stuck her in the tub. It took me a good 20 minutes and about 4 washes to get all the sand out of her hair. I basically had to soap up her hair, then take a fine-toothed comb and brush through it, rinse and repeat. When she got out, I decided to double check her eyes, and sure enough, there was a giant glob of sand in her left eye, that had been in there for hours! I have no idea how it wasn't hurting her the whole time!

The pool party is always a great send-off to summer. Can you believe school starts so soon? Looks like I need to do a bit of school shopping for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment