Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

A Day Off

I'm feeling very recharged today.
Yesterday I woke up in a lot of pain with a general overall feeling of the blahs.
I got up and made french toast for the family, but instead of hopping in the shower and getting ready for church afterwords, I just crawled back into bed. I fed Deagan, who fell asleep, and then I drifted off to sleep. When he woke up around 2:45, I texted Bryant, who was just in the living room, and asked him to come and get him for me. He did, and I fell back into a deep sleep until 4:00, when Bryant came in to ask if I wanted some Macaroni and cheese in bed.

The answer to that it always yes.

But my parents came over, and I decided that after being in bed ALL DAY, I could get up and go say hello. My mom and sister then invited me over to watch a movie, and Bryant offered to keep the kids for me, so I could get some more time-off from my mommy duties.

I ended up staying at my parents house until 10:00. When I got home, I realized that other than making breakfast and feeding Deagan a few times, I had essentially had an entire day off from being a mom. Mom's never get days off, so this was heavenly. Both my kids were half-naked all day. Savannah spent most of the day playing on the ipad and snacking on blueberries and apples, while I spent the day dead to the world and putting in some much needed hours in dreamland. 

When I got home, I went straight to bed. I got up around 1 to feed DJ, who then slept until 7:00am. 
I felt 100 X better today than I've felt in a looooong time. I even got a teeny bit of housework done because Deagan, who is my cuddler and ALWAYS wants to be held, sat quietly on a blanket in the living room, while my ever so demanding Savannah sat quietly next to him playing with her legos. 

We spent the afternoon with my dad running errands and stopped for hamburgers and cokes while both kids napped the whole time. 

Now we are home and Savannah is sitting on the couch watching Little Einsteins and DJ is happily sitting in his swing. Bryant should be home in an hour and a half and I fully plan on putting the kids to bed early, and then sitting with the hubster out on the deck to watch the meteor shower tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment