Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mt Shasta Part 4

Mt. Shasta Part 4: In which we shop, eat, and my little pirate swims at the lake.

Ok, I promise, this is the 2nd to last post about our trip!

So Friday, we spent the day back at the street fair. Now that the main street wasn't congested with runners and a parade, they had more booths open to shop around. 

 ^The kids in the jewelry shop owned by a family in Bryant's home ward. I have a Mt. Shasta necklace and earrings that my in-laws gave me, and I have earrings that are Savannah's birthstone that Bryant gave me for Christmas. All of which came from this shop!^



^Out shopping after grabbing some pizza from Say Cheese^

Saturday, Bryant's grandma had to go home. I was really sad to see her leave, I love spending time with her. One of these days, I'd like to go visit her at her ranch near Sacramento.

That afternoon, we all headed down to Lake Siskyou to do some swimming!

^Last summer, Savannah was always a little scared of the swimming pool. She liked the water, but would cling onto me or Bryant for dear life. I thought she'd be scared of the lake, but she loved it!^ 

^My cute little nephew! He fell completely in the water, head over heels and came up without a single tear! What a trooper! Also, I totally got it on video. AFV anyone?^

 ^I thought the water would be freezing, but it was the perfect temperature! I wish I could have gone swimming, but doctors orders were no swimming (especially in a lake) until 6 weeks after having a baby.^

^Robyn snuggled Deagan, and I relaxed with my toes in the water while watching Savannah swim. If it wasn't so hot and if it hadn't started to get crowded, I could have sat there all day!^


 ^Snack time with my Tinkerbell^

^Savannah with her cousin and uncle building sand castles^

^I love this view.^

^Let this kind of gross photo of my overly-large feet and freakishly long toes serve as a warning to all: DON'T put sunscreen on only half your feet and entirely forget your toes. Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake guys...^


Once we got home and put the kids down for a nap, Bryant and I took Ed's Harley out to run to the store, and then took it for a short cruise along some back roads (well let's face it, pretty much every road in that town in a back road.) The Harley is SO much more comfortable to ride on the back of than Bryant's Marauder!

That night, Bryant wanted to make Alfredo from scratch for everyone, and Ed cooked some chicken for dinner.


^My niece holding Deagan^

^The kids sat here the entire time we were getting dinner ready. But as soon as we brought it out and dished it up, they ran off to play. I think Mason actually ended up eating the girl's food for them.^

 ^And I made this patriotic fruit pizza for dessert. Thank you pinterest! (And before anyone throws a fit, I know the flag doesn't have a blue border. I just had a lot of leftover blueberries mmmmk?)

After dinner, we did 'smores and sparklers. Savannah was not nearly as interested in either the 'smores or the sparklers as I thought she would be. 



^Ok, I SWEAR these sparklers are different than the ones you usually see people use. But Bryant doesn't believe me. Anyone want to back me up here? Don't these look totally different than regular sparklers?^

Alrighty then! Look for Part 5 soon! Deagan's blessing and another trip to the lake!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Those look like the sparklers we get here every year. I swear to Patrick that they aren't the "normal" kind and always try to get him to find the "right" ones, but that's all they have here. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete