Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Wild Soul

I love the terrific twos, and I hate the terrible twos.
I love Savannah at this stage in her life. In fact, I think It's my favorite so far (but I say that about every age that she has been...)

She is wild.
And she's feisty.
Whoa Nelly has she gotten feisty! 



She's always had an independent spirit. Always.  But she has developed a side of sass, the likes of which have never been seen before (ok, it's not that bad...) She has perfected the art of the temper tantrum, and the fit, and the melt down.

But I'm secretly loving it.
I love it because she has started coming up with excuses for why she does, or doesn't want something. Like "No mommy! I'm too little to take a nap!"
Or, "I can't eat because I need my Christmas card!"
Or, "I can't clean up because my hair is growing!"

 ^Throwing a fit while out to dinner. Arms folded, foot stamping, huffing and puffing, the works!^

It's frustrating that she pushes back, but at the same time that I'm threatening a time out, I'm laughing inside. Where does she come up with this stuff?

I also love 2 because this is the age of developing imagination. She's very into all things pirates, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, and rocket ships. Tonight as we were out on our walk, we saw an airplane and the entire rest of the walk, she was saying that Mr. Smee was riding Big Jet and they were after us. (For all you adults who actually watch adult TV shows, Mr. Smee is from Peter Pan, and Big Jet is the "bad guy" from little Einsteins, and he is, in fact, a jet... Just in case you were confused.) (Also, little Einsteins is a kids show about art and music. Just to further clarify...)




Her most recent obsession is listening to Peter Pan on the record player. My Grandparents had a whole bunch of Disney stories on vinyl, and I loved listening to them. And after my grandpa passed away, I got all those old records. So it's been so unbelievably fun to pull those out again and listen to them with my daughter. I have good memories of sitting on their brown, floral couch listening to them, and now I'm making memories of seeing my daughter sit on the arm of our couch, intently listening and yelling "Oh no! The pirates! Peter Pan fly away!"

 ^A wrestling match broke out between my brothers in my living room today, and with a mad fury twinkling in her eye, she dove right in.^


I love her feisty, wild, funny and sweet little personality.

Stay 2 years old forever, Ok kiddo?



(And proud mama moment here: She has not had a bottle in 3 days! She's been able to drink out of a cup for over a year, but her bottle was her vice. It's been a tough 3 days, but I think we are bottle-free!)

1 comment:

  1. Savannah is just way to cute. I'm secretly excited for the terrible/terrific days. I loved all the photos on this post especially the one of Savvy jumping in on the wrestling match it made me have a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete