Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Just Killing Some Time

We are headed to a BBQ tonight with some family friends. I've got everything ready to go, the kids are ready to go, DJ is asleep and Savy is watching Wreck-It-Ralph for goodness knows how many times now. Also, I put on makeup. And not just some foundation and a sorry attempt at some mascara, I mean, I did all my makeup. Feeling pretty proud about that. Even if it was 5:30 in the afternoon when I did it.

I'm just waiting on Bryant.
He always says he will be home at 5, and he's always home at 6:30 or 7. There are 3 things in life that are certain: death, taxes, and the fact that Bryant is never, ever home when he says he will be. Silly boy. And no, I'm not complaining, I just think it's funny.

Anyways, I guess I'm just trying to kill some time. Getting a few thoughts out there into the blogging universe.

Thought #1: I feel like my blog needs an updated look. Most blogs I enjoy reading have very simple, clean looks to them and mine does not. I partly want to do this because I kind of want to market my blog a little more. See if I can gain a few more readers. This blog isn't anything too special, but Its special to me and I want to see how far I can take my little slice of the internet. So, feel free to share, pin, tweet, whatever, this blog if ya want.

Thought #2: In addition to feeling the need to update the look of my blog, I equally feel the need to update my home. I have a lot of projects I want to get going on. Most importantly, I need to get both of the kid's rooms pained and organized. I need to finish my dresser, and re-paint my kitchen stools. I have several bare walls that need things to go on them. And I need a new bedside lamp. This may be the most pressing item and it's at the top of my priority list. Remember that one time when I won an entire living room set from RC Willey? Well that came with 2 lamps, 1 of which I use on the nightstand. The problem is, the switch to turn it off is waaaay up there, which is a pain in the neck to turn off when I'm laying in bed, and I'm far too lazy to want to sit up to turn it off. So I'm on the search for a smaller, more lazy-Brooke friendly lamp.

Thought #3: I realized today that I start school at the end of next month. I don't want to go, I don't want to go, I don't want to go... but I will. Because education is important.

Thought #4: I want a nice camera. But I don't know the first thing about using one. So camera-phone it is until I learn. 

Aaaaaannnnd that's about it. 
Stay in school kids.


1 comment:

  1. My lamp by my bed is the same way but we got a dimmer switch from wall mart and it has been the best thing ever. I can reach it when i'm laying down and it can turn it off. Awesome! PS I love your blog!:-)

    ReplyDelete