Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Strawberry Days

Bryant and I both got completely blindsided by an awful summer cold this week. We both thought that we just had really terrible allergies, but then yesterday morning, we both were starting to feel achy and our symptoms got worse, and we both got terrible dry coughs on top of our allergy sneezes. Last night was miserable. I can't take any medication because I'm breastfeeding, and Bryant is one of those weirdies that "don't believe in medication". It almost makes me mad, here he is completely able to take some dayquil, when I can't, and yet he refuses. Gosh, what I wouldn't give for some cough syrup with some codeine in it...

Anyways, we spent all morning in bed with Savannah crawling all over us and Deagan being extra fussy because I'm trying to keep holding him to a minimum because I don't want to make him sick, and he's a cuddle bug who wants to be constantly held. And I was sucking down a vanilla coke at 8am, because I'm a sickie who can't take anything, so why not?


(Hanging out in bed all morning)

But then DJ spit up ALL OVER my side of the bed. Then, because we've been putting Vaseline in his diaper all week, his diapers don't absorb when he pees, so sometimes that leaks everywhere, like ALSO ON MY BED.

So we were forced to get up and out of bed so I could wash the sheets. Now Bryant is watching soccer, and I decided that I might as well catch up on my blog. You know, since it's 2:00 and I haven't even showered, or gotten my kids dressed for the day, and blogging seemed to take priority.

My town holds a week long celebration called Strawberry Days. Kind of like how some towns have founder's day festivals. All week long they have different events all over the town, the climax of which is the parade on Saturday. This year, because I have a tiny baby who I don't feel super confident about dragging around when I also have a toddler to chase, and no double stroller to stick them both in, we pretty much missed all of the activities.We did leave the baby with grandma and grandpa while we took a half hour to run down to the carnival to grab some strawberries and cream. When we were pulling up to the carnival, Savannah said "Oh wow! It's Disneyland!" (I can't wait to take her to the real Disneyland!) While we were there, we decided to buy some tickets and take her on a few rides. We did the carousel, the little car things, and Bryant even took her down the giant slide. I thought that would really scare her, but as soon as she got off, she asked to do it again. She got her thrill-seeking from her dad. I could barely handle the carousel without getting motion sickness!


 (When the guy working the ride when to help her out, she yelled "no stop! I go again!)


Saturday, we decided to go watch the parade.
We left Deagan with my dad and we took Savannah. We found a nice shady spot right downtown and had fun watching the parade. We saw 3 different pirate-themes floats, which means Savannah was in heaven, since she's been obsessed with Peter Pan lately. "Mom wook! It's Cap-pan hoo! Arrrgh matey!" Oh the cuteness of it all, I couldn't handle it!



Bryant ended up having to leave in the middle of it to get to work, so It was just me and Savannah. But after he left, she made a friend with another little girl and they ran around picking weeds and trying to make them stick onto a wall. Then they tried to feed them to an English Mastiff that was taller than them!

 (New hair cut and color! Thanks Kenna!)

After the parade, Savannah and I went to Taco Amigo for some strawberry shakes, because Strawberry days is not complete without a trip to Taco Amigo. Also, because ice cream was the only thing I could swallow with my sore throat...

I can't wait until this weekend, we leave for Mt. Shasta and we will be spending the 4th of July there, and blessing Deagan. They may not have a Taco Amigo, but the 4th of July in Mt. Shasta is my favorite!!!

(And here's a photo of Deagan, just because he's adorable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment