Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Party!

It still feels weird to think that my little girl is 2 years old! 

We decided to celebrate her birthday the day before, because it was a Sunday night and it was easier to get family together. I thought about throwing her a big party with friends, but then I decided that it would have been crazy trying to keep a bunch of 2 year olds entertained. So we kept it small with just my family and my grandparents.


We had the party at my parent's house, where my mom went all out and decorated the living room. I bought some balloons the night before and took them over there, because Savannah loves balloons and I wanted them to be a surprise (we even have a few still kickin' a week and a half later, and she loves to carry them around the house.)



She loved all of the decorations and especially all of the attention she was getting from everyone! 

We did a dinner, where my mom cooked some elk and moose roasts, and then I provided the cake and ice cream for dessert.

 I tried to ombre the cake... it didn't really work...

She loved all of her presents! She got a play cupcake set, a Tinkerbell doll and matching outfit, some clothes, a bike helmet, cute minnie mouse bows, some wooden butterfly magnets with paint to paint them, a penny bank, and some markers and a coloring book.



She also received some really wonderful gifts in the mail from family and friends! Her great grandma sent her some money, her aunt Sandy sent her a dress, a hello kitty toy, and a lei, and her grandma and grandpa Stokes sent her some play food, some squeaky BYU shoes, and an outfit.



I really feel like I'm missing someone or something, and I really apologize! I don't sleep much these days and finals are coming up so I basically can't think that well anymore. Let me know if you sent her something and I'm forgetting, because I really appreciate it!!!



Her Grandma and Grandpa Stokes also sent her a toddler bed! We haven't set it up yet because I haven't had time to buy sheets for it, and I don't have her new room ready yet. But I think we will try to set it up this weekend. She is really going to love it!







And Bryant and I ordered her a play kitchen with an apron and chefs hat. Unfortunately, when I started to set up the kitchen, it was missing the fridge, which is a huge part of the set. So It's all packed back up in the box, and when I called wal mart, they said I could return it, but I then have to re-order a new one myself. And no, they wouldn't give me free shipping to my home, or even free express shipping to the store. I'm a little mad about it, but I guess I can deal with it. It could be worse, they could just tell me "tough luck" and I'd have a kitchen with no fridge.



Anyways, Savannah had a wonderful party!

On her actual birthday, Monday, Bryant had to work most of the day and I had school. But that evening, we took her out for some pizza at our favorite little pizza shop, Brick Pizza (not to be confused with Brick Oven, which is also yummy.)


 (Savy trying to tickle her daddy with her Tinkerbell. Or as she calls her "pinkerbelle")


Then we came home and watched Wreck-It Ralph. She's kind of obsessed with that movie at the moment.

Thank you again to everyone who sent Savannah a message, called her, sent her a card, or sent her a gift. It really means a lot to me as her Mom to know that so many people in this world love her just as much as I do! I hope she will always know that throughout her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment