Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Baby Update

I'm officially 32 weeks today. Which means I have around 8 weeks left in this pregnancy!

I'm officially down to 2 week appointments, and after the next one, I'll be down to 1 week appointments. That seems completely crazy to me! Where did the time go?!

The doctor said everything is looking great. The baby has a great heartbeat, good movement, and I'm measuring right at 32 weeks (Thank heavens! I was starting to think I looked like I was 40+ weeks!) The only issue I have is my iron levels are low and I'm once again anemic (surprise, surprise...) so I'm now on iron pills again. I've definitely noticed an increase in my energy level, I'm now just tired instead of utterly exhausted, but they are really harsh on my stomach, so that hasn't been fun. But, it's better than having a low blood count. 



The doctor told me that with how well this pregnancy is going, that I was welcome to schedule an induction up to a week before my due date. I told him to ask me how comfortable I was by then. But I've decided to let this kid come when he wants too. I think it will be better for the both of us. When the doctor asked how far along I was with Savannah, and I told him she came a week early, he said "Really? Wow, most 1st time moms go over their due date, we rarely see them go early. I wouldn't be surprised if this baby comes early too."

So, yeah, everything is going perfectly so far! (knock on wood...)
I'm getting really uncomfortable, especially in my hips and back. I'm really going to have to strengthen my back muscles before my next pregnancy. I also get winded and short of breath really easily. I was sitting in class the other day, not even moving, when I suddenly felt like I had walked up a huge flight of stairs. I was huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf, and I'm sure everyone in my class thought I was having some type of attack. As a matter of fact, as I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm getting short of breath again and starting to feel dizzy. Time to go lay down!

I can't believe that this baby is coming so soon! And I have a lot on my plate to keep me busy until then. I have finals coming up in a couple of weeks, my brother's wedding at the beginning of next month, my anniversary, and then poof! Baby will be here!

I guess we really need to find a name for him huh?

2 comments:

  1. I am always surprised after the baby comes out and you suddenly realize how much you couldn't breath and how much weight was on your internal organs; it's always such a relief! My babies came: 5 days late, 10 days early, 10 days early, 2 days late. So I guess you never know. I think it's good not to be induced if at all possible, because if the baby's not ready it could lead to a c-section. Of course my 2 c-sections were on the late babies, after labor. so what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and you should name him Hurley. Or Rory. Or Jack, Jack is cool.

    ReplyDelete