Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy Easter!

We had a really great Easter this year!
It was especially fun because Savannah is finally old enough to look for eggs!

The week before Easter, her toddler exercise class had an egg hunt at the park. This was her first egg hunt, so I didn't know how she would do, but she did a great job! They set it up so that one section of the park had toys that were on a list, like bubbles, a mini frisbee, a toothbrush, etc. And the other part of the park had the eggs. Everyone was asked to bring 12 filled and taped eggs the week before, and so everyone got to find 12 eggs.







Afterwords, they provided egg salad sandwiches for lunch. I don't eat eggs, so I rarely make them. Usually I'll scramble one up for Bryant on a Sunday morning, but he's not a breakfast person so even that is pretty rare. Because we don't really have eggs, I didn't think Savannah would like the sandwich, but she loved it!




I was glad she had a lot of fun!

On Easter Sunday, I was pretty lazy and didn't even get her basket out until she was already awake. We went easy on the presents because she just had a birthday, so it was just a couple of outfits, new crayons, and lots of candy. She wasn't that interested in anything but the candy.






We then decided to color the eggs I had boiled the night before. Can you believe that I had only attempted to boil an egg ONCE in my entire life before Sunday? And it ended up in disaster. But this time, I did some research and they came out perfectly! At least, they looked perfect, I didn't eat them so I don't know how they tasted. Thank you Alton Brown and Julia Child!



After all that, we got ready and headed to church, where we were able to get through all 3 hours! That's pretty rare these days between me getting really uncomfortable from sitting that long, and the fact that church is smack dab in the middle of Savannah's nap time. But we did it!

After church, Savannah and Bryant took a nap, and when they woke up, we headed to my parents house for some Moose steaks.

My little sister set out some eggs for Savannah to find around the house and on the deck. She loved it!







Our whole Easter was perfect!



My new favorite photos of these two together! (I've had her Easter dress since she was about 3 months old!)

I hope everyone had just as great an Easter Sunday as we did!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Yeah the Easter bunny comes to our house after church so we don't have to deal with kids getting up early and being hyped up on chocolate during church. We also don't do Easter presents, we only have the eggs and candy to find. Love Savannah's dress, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we never really did Easter presents growing up. Usually we just got candy and maybe a movie for the family, or a necklace or something. I was really surprised when some of my friends posted pictures of their Easter morning and it looked like Christmas with all of the presents they got their kids! It was crazy!

      Delete