Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Long Day

It's been a long, stressful day.

It started off with a voicemail from the insurance we are trying to get for Savy and baby #2. Apparently, they gave me some misinformation, which I have to correct by Wednesday. Thanks insurance guys. So I spent a good hour trying to get a hold of the person who called me. On the voicemail, she said I could call her back at the number she called me on to talk to her personally. When I did, I got a message stating that it was an inactive number. So then I tried another number that was listed on their website, which directed me to another number, then another, then another. When I finally got a hold of someone (not the same person who called me. She didn't even leave me her name) she was very snippy and rude.

We haven't solved the problem completely yet, but I'm trying to stay positive that it will work out. First thing in the morning, I'm going to be on the phone a lot again I think.

Then I had to pay a bunch of bills, that's always no fun. But they are done and over with. I even finally paid back my physical therapist from back in December! I bet they were pretty happy about that. 

Then I was on the phone with customer service from the company who makes the play kitchen I bought Savannah for her birthday. It's missing the fridge, and when I contacted Wal Mart, they were going to have me return the whole thing, get my money refunded, then I'd have to come home and re-order it and wait up to 2-4 weeks. Thankfully, the company was perfectly fine sending me the part, free of charge in 3-5 business days.

Do you guys want to hear something weird? I get really bad anxiety when I have to call people I don't know. I'm fine if they call me, but if I have to call them, I panic. I have to mentally gear myself up to call someone. When I worked customer service at Barnes and Noble, I DREADED when I would have to call customers to let them know their books were in. I don't know why, but calling people I don't know really stresses me out. So you can imagine that my morning was pretty exhausting for me.

Then I was playing phone-tag with Bryant all afternoon, (don't worry, I have absolutely no problem calling people if I know them!) who was going to go in and buy our new fridge on his break at work. But he was so busy, and I was on the phone and dealing with a toddler that we kept missing each others calls, so that was a little stressful.

But I'm happy to say we will finally have a new fridge tomorrow! Yay! (Goodbye tax return...)

Then came school. It's nearly the end of the semester and I'm finding it hard to muster up the desire to do homework. In fact, I was writing my reading summary for class during class today. But, I keep telling myself that I do my best work under pressure. It's why I'm such a procrastinator...

When Bryant got home from work, I did not feel like going to the grocery store or cooking dinner, so he ordered a pizza. Then I decided that part of my stress was probably coming from having such a ridiculously messy house. So Bryant offered to clean the living room, and I completely scrubbed the kitchen top to bottom. Savannah even came and got a rag and wiped down her play kitchen and "washed" her dishes. It's so nice to have clean rooms. Even though the bedrooms are still a complete wreck, at least the areas we spend most of our family time together in are spotless! It feels so nice and so much less stressful! It really does make a difference in my mood. I just need this nesting bug to bite so I will actually want to clean Savannah's room. It's kind of ridiculous. Books and clothes and toys are EVERYWHERE! I don't even know how it all fits in there honestly, I half expect to open the door and have everything come tumbling out. Maybe that will be a project for tomorrow. Maybe...

But tomorrow is going to be better than today. I can feel it. I'll get the insurance sorted out, I'll have a brand-new fridge, all my bills are paid off, (parts) of my house are clean, and Bryant has the day off!

Yup, tomorrow is going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment