Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Slowly Going Crazy

I'm sorry for being so absent on this blog, but it's finals week, yet again, which means hours and hours of reading, writing papers, and trying to collaborate a 10 page paper and a 15 minute presentation with a group of guys who don't know what the difference between a theory and a hypothesis is, or how to create a bibliography. (uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhgggggggg......)

In fact, right now I should still be going over study guides on American Government and writing papers on instrumentalism, but honestly, I'm going to punch a hole in my computer if I do any more of that tonight. 

Looking back, If I would have known how much work these classes would require, how hard it is to do homework with a toddler who just wants some time and attention from her mommy, how sick I was going to be from this pregnancy and how that would affect my ability to handle all the work and being to class on time. Not to mention how crazy the last month has been with moving and doctors appointments, and just keeping up on housework (who wants to come mop my floors? Anyone? Anyone?) I would have decided to take this semester off. 

It's been really ridiculously tough.

But it's almost over! I just have 1 more test, and 2 short papers (I wrote one tonight in under 10 minutes!) that I hope to finish tomorrow, then I'm planning on spending all day Sunday on research and all day Monday writing my portion of the 10 page group paper (who EVER in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to make 4 people write a paper together in a week is crazy *ahem* my professor, *ahem*) Then Tuesday, I'm meeting with my group for an hour to edit it all together, and go over our presentation, depending on if any of them show up, and then I have Wednesday to relax, then present on Thursday and I'm home free for a month!

I can't wait! So many great things are happening in the 5 days after my last day of class. We will be celebrating my sister, and I think my Dad's birthday (we had better celebrate his birthday while I'm here because I will be gone on his actual birthday) and then we are leaving for Mt. Shasta for Christmas! Bryant hasn't been home for Christmas in something like 5 or 6 years. He stayed here with me the year we were dating, so at least 5. I'm really excited about going out there. Especially since Ed and Robyn don't get to see Savannah too often, and they will get a week and a half with her! (I wish it was more.)

I'm not looking forward to being in the car with a toddler for 12 hours. Any good suggestions on fun activities and things she can do in her car seat? But we can handle it. It will be fun to get to spend time with Bryant.

Ahhh, it's going to be a crazy week, wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how it would go over in the car, but Sadie LOVES to do this for a long time (okay, like 10-15 minutes, but that's pracitacally 6 hours in toddler time). I got an old plastic crystal light drink container, but you could do this with a butter/sour cream/cottage cheese container too..you just need to be able to snap the lid on and off. I cut different shapes in the top of the lid, and I filled it up with like 20 pom poms, different shapes and sizes. Then I dump all the pom poms in a little bowl, and then Sadie takes the pom poms and drops/pushes them through the holes. You might get pom poms all over your car..but it would be entertaining for a bit.

    And Sadie's new thing right now is I put on a song and give her a scrap of sheer fabric and she shakes it and waves it around to the music. Or she covers her face/head with it and calls herself pretty.

    And probably Sav would love glowsticks or silly putty from the dollar store. There are probably a lot of little treasures at the dollar store that would entertain her for a while at least.

    And get some new treats she doesn't get often. Sadie hardly ever gets fruit snacks, so I give those to her when she gets shots or something like that.

    Idk, there are a few ideas? Haha, maybe at least one of them will help.

    Good luck with her in the car!

    ReplyDelete