Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

The last couple of weeks

I just finished my biggest paper of the semester. Well, it needs a little polishing and I need to incorporate it into 3 other people's papers to create 1 collaborative paper tomorrow, but I'm going to call it done for now! Just 2 small opinion papers left. One on which type of government is my favorite, and one on why I am either a conservative or a democrat. Easy-peesy! I should be able to whip both those up in under a half hour.

So here are just some bits and pieces from the last little while to keep people updated. 





Thanksgiving at my grandparents house was great! Even though I had horrible morning sickness that day, I managed to enjoy dinner and keep it all down!


Christmas decorations are up! We were going to get a live tree this year, but I decided not too. First of all, we won't be here for Christmas, we are spending it this year in Mt. Shasta! So we would have only been able to enjoy it for a couple of weeks. Second, I didn't really want to spend money on one. I'm cheap like that. And Third, I wouldn't have enough ornaments to decorate one. You see that little tiny tree on my coffee table in the picture? Yeah, only one small strip of it actually has decorations on it, the rest is bare...







We spent an evening at the Festival of Trees! Savy liked the Sesame Street tree, the Owl tree is my cousin Alyssa and her family's and of course, a coke tree for you grandma!

Raspberries on mommy's cheek. She just learned to say "I love you!" (it sounds like "I yuh-you!")

And of course I had to add a picture of a silly face by my favorite silly girl!

In other news, I had another doctors appointment. We finally got to hear the heatbeat and everything sounds good! Also, I have not gained a single pound this entire 15 weeks! But my stomach has been growing ridiculously fast. My only explanation is that my flabby stomach is stretching, but already had the weight on there, so It's not like I'm gaining more, since it was already there. Make sense? Also, I've lost a bit of weight in my arms and face (I wish it would in my thighs, holy cow!)

The nurse said that they expect women to gain 5 lbs in the first trimester, but that as long as I didn't lose any, we are good. Also, no more antibiotics, yay!

My morning sickness is nearly gone. I still get sick if I don't eat, but I haven't taken my medication for it in 2 days, and I'm feeling good so far!

I also saw a physical therapist for my sciatic nerve pain. She said my SI joint in my hip had dislocated, so she popped it back into place. Then I had no pain in my back or legs until last night, when I cleaned my bathrooms and mopped my floors. I overdid it I think. I go back this week again, so I'll see if I dislocated it again. She also said my muscles were extremely tight in my lower back, and that was what was pinching that nerve. Looks like I need to take a trip to the massage therapists!

I also have been able to feel a few tiny kicks here and there! About 2 weeks earlier than I felt them with Savannah. I LOVE it!

We also had our first pregnancy scare 2 nights ago. I began bleeding lightly. I knew it was probably nothing, but we went to check it out anyway. My OB's office was closed, and they have no one on-call to talk to. Their voice-mail said if you had a problem, to go to the ER or to Labor and Delivery. Which I wasn't about to do and pay tons of money for. So I just went to the urgent care. The doctor did an exam and listened for the heartbeat. It was nice and strong and he said there was nothing to worry about, that occasional light bleeding was really normal, and to go to labor and delivery if it continued and got worse. It stopped within a half hour of starting, and I had no cramping or anything, and today I felt a couple little kicks, so I think we are OK.

Well, that's all for now. I think we are going to do a bit of Christmas shopping tonight, then possibly take Savannah to see the Rise of the Guardians. Then I'll come home and write up those last 2 papers, and I'll call it a day!

1 comment:

  1. Aah, I think after this past whole whopping two weeks of being pregnant, if I started spotting at ALL, I would be a total psychotic wreck. Even just reading about you spotting freaked me out. Like, seriously, I started feeling my heart starting to race and I got so anxious. I'm glad everything is okay, though!

    ReplyDelete