Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Greetings From Mt. Shasta,

Hello friends and family! We are currently enjoying our Christmas vacation in beautiful Mt. Shasta California! We have been wanting to come out here for Christmas since we were dating, but my job never let me take the time off (I worked 4 Christmas Eve closing shifts in a row. You think they could have let me have one year off... But that's retail for you!) But I am no longer working, and Bryant's boss was kind enough to allow him time off, so we packed our bags and headed west!

The drive went surprisingly smooth. I was worried about the weather, traveling while pregnant, and driving with a toddler. But the roads were clear and dry, I didn't get car sick once, and Savannah did amazingly well, only crying once or twice for a few minutes. AND she took 3 naps!!!

We have been really incredibly lazy, but I'm enjoying it way too much to be productive. Bryant, his dad and brother have been playing a lot of video games, and watching a lot of football, Savannah has been playing hard and is loving all the attention from her grandma and grandpa, and I've just been chilling on the couch, next to the fireplace mostly, reading, napping, eating, and cuddling Savannah.

Today, we didn't even go outside. We got quite a bit of snowfall, so we just hung out inside and played games and ate a lot of junk food. This morning it was pretty stormy, the wind was blowing like crazy, but it settled down and then we just had a very gentle snowfall the rest of the day. It has been so beautiful to watch! I think we are going to have a really beautiful white Christmas!

Have a great weekend everyone!

(I wrote this on my iPad, so I have no idea how it will look, or if it will even work...)








No comments:

Post a Comment