Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The last dance festival

We started Tuesday off right.


It started with me waking up to Savannah having wiggled her arms out of her PJ's, me putting them back on her, then 10 minutes later, she had done it again. Doesn't she look proud of herself?

Next, Bryant, Savy and I met up with my parents down at the grade school to watch my little sister participate in the annual school dance festival. Every year, each grade learns a dance, the performs it for all of the parents and family.

The theme this year was musicals, and Sage's grade got a song from Flash Dance.
Awesome.

She's hard to see in this picture, but she's wearing blue leggings that she made, yellow tights, and an over sized blue sweatshirt that she boat-necked to hang off her shoulder, with a black leotard under it. She looks super cute! And I got a kick out of her when she said "Gah! Our dance is from the 80's but all our teachers were born in the 60's! They don't know anything about the 80's!".

She cracks me up!

I didn't have a hat for Savy, so the poor thing got a bit of sun. (Don't worry. I went out this afternoon and bought her 2 large bucket hats to cover those adorable cheeks!) My parents kept her under a jacket my Mom brought.


Even my brother Colter volunteered his hat to keep the sun off her.

She ended up being a little red, but not too bad. My arms got burnt and Bryant, of course, tanned.

The dance festival was really cute and fun. It was also the last one we would have to watch. My dad said they had been to over 24 of them I think! What good supportive parents we have to come every year!

After the festival, my parents checked Sage out of school, and we all went to one of my favorite sandwich shops, "Flour Girls and Dough Boys" (If you live in PG, AF or Lehi... or basically anywhere in Utah Valley, and you haven't been here, you're missing out and seriously need to go. Seriously.)

I forgot to ask for the mild mustard on my sandwich so I got the spicy, AKA: burn your mouth and make your eyes water while you sweat profusely, mustard, which made my sandwich a little hard to eat. They make the spicy mustard with horseradish. And even Bryant, who basically dunks his meat in a mix of sour cream and horseradish, thought it was a bit much. So I took the top half of my sandwich off and ate it that way. Problem solved, stomach full.


The best part was the peanut butter cookie I got, and the giant cinnamon roll Bryant got.
 'Nuff said...

(She's figuring out how to blow spit-bubbles and does it all the time)

We got home and were wiped out from our busy day and being out in the sun.


And so we took a nap.




No comments:

Post a Comment