Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strawberry Days!

Yet another late post.
I'm playing catch up, if you couldn't tell.

Every year in June, my home town has a week long celebration called Strawberry Days. And it's also kind of my unofficial kick-off to summer! 

They have a carnival, a "Huck Finn" day, a children's art show, a boutique, volleyball and tennis tournaments, a parade. Stuff like that.
This year, Bryant and I entered Savannah into the baby contest. Unfortunately, we lost to a baby that was all dressed up in a strawberry outfit. I didn't dress Savy up in a costume because that was a separate category and an extra 10 bucks. But oh well, we all know Savy is the cutest baby in PG! And hey, we got a pair of rattle socks for participating.

On Friday, I took Savannah and my sister Sage to get strawberries and cream and we went to the boutique, where Sage and I got feather extensions! Sage got a purple one, and I got one brown and one tan colored one.


Saturday, Bryant, Savy and I met up with my parents and sister to watch the parade and eat some strawberries and cream. My little brother Sawyer and his chickens were in the parade again this year for his FFA.


After the parade, we all went to the boutique to grab some lunch and shop around a bit. That night, Bryant had to go to work, and my family went to the rodeo. I didn't go because I didn't want to take Savannah because it's really loud and dusty and crowded, and I didn't have a babysitter, and she had had enough excitement for one day.

It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment