Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl!

I don't watch football
(note: football is always on here in the Stokes' home, but am I ever watching it? Nope, I'm spacing off or reading or doing homework. Sorry Bryant)
But every year, I make sure I request Super Bowl Sunday off from work.

Most years, we go to my Uncle's house for a super bowl party. The last couple we have gone to my grandparents. This year we were thinking of just staying home and having a few friends over, but, we don't have too many friends and couldn't find anyone who wanted to come over last minute.

Bryant's Brother Tyler wanted to come watch it with us so we decided that since it was just the 3 of us, we should head on over to my uncles.


Other than being really squished on the couch (poor Tyler had to deal with my brother and cousins wrestling and fighting while he was trying to enjoy the game) we had a lot of fun.


Baby River was getting upset when the Steelers started closing the gap (actually, he just saw his sister Macy and really wanted her to pick him up)

Overall, it was a great night.


So I apologize for the lack of blog posts lately. My life has consisted of work and homework and not much else. And frankly, these days I don't feel like doing much of anything. That "uncomfortable" stage in pregnancy has finally arrived. A month ago, when everyone asked "how are you feeling" I could honestly answer that I was feeling great! Now, I just reply "oh you know, uncomfortable, sore, tired..."

Because that's how I feel.

The biggest problem is sleep. I never get it anymore. I'm in bed most nights by 10:00 (and you're talking to the girl who was a night owl pre-pregnancy!) but around 11:00, baby starts kicking. These days, her feet are always in my right ribcage. Ouch! Then I sleep from midnight until 3. Then it's bathroom run, a glass of milk and more kicking. Then I sleep from 4:30 to 6 when the leg cramps begin. Then it's up to use the bathroom, a quick walk around the apartment, another glass of milk and a tylenol, and more kicking. Then it's toss and turn until I need to get up for work at 7:45.

But it's all worth it.

Another problem these days is the stress and anxiety that something could go wrong. Some days, it's all I can think of. Thankfully, my doctors are great and I always feel reassured when I go to my appointments. Every time I go in, everything looks perfect. I'm gaining weight right on the money, She's growing right on track, my glucose test came back perfect, my blood pressure is good, her heartbeat is right where it should be, etc...

The only things that are cause for concern are my iron levels, which are just slightly low (which is higher than it has been in the past) so they stuck me on iron supplements, just to make sure I'm where I should be. And I tested positive for group B strep. At first, hearing this made me extremely worried. A bacteria? what? But the doctor almost shrugged it off as no big deal. He said that It's pretty common and that all they have to do is give me an antibiotic every 4 hours during labor. And it seems like most people I talk to had group B strep during at least 1 of their pregnancies and never had any problems at all.

Other than that, Baby and momma are perfectly healthy and that makes me feel more excited for the labor and delivery process than worried.

I just have to tough out these next 7 1/2 weeks!

Lots of naps, lots of naps, lots of naps...

I can do it!



1 comment:

  1. Hey just a suggestion that I learned yesterday- so it's way to late for me, but try poking and pushing her around all day so she stays awake and active, that way when you go to sleep she will sleep with you. this supposedly also starts a good sleeping habit for her for when she comes out. As for the leg cramps. I'm sorry, stretch, and lots of calcium!

    ReplyDelete