Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baby shower!

Boy am I exhausted! Today has been one awesome and crazy day! My Mom put together and hosted my baby shower this afternoon and it was so much fun that I've tuckered myself out!

Can I just start by saying how grateful I am for baby showers? I have been stressing out the last couple of weeks trying to figure out how I was going to get everything this baby girl needs and what I will need and when I'll be able to get it, but I decided that I should wait to really buy anything until after this baby shower. I never realized how much stuff is required to create comfortable living standards for a baby! This shower and everyone who attended made me feel so blessed and so special! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who were able to come!


My cousins little girl had fun helping me open all the gifts and if there were clothes in there, she would take them out and give them to her mom! So cute!
I'm not sure what it is about living in Utah, but it seems like handmade items are the way to go here and I LOVE it! My grandma made this blessing blanket for her and I should probably get a closer photo of it because it's so detailed and beautiful! There were several handmade things and I love them all so so much!
Speaking of blessings, my Mom and I had tons of fun going through her cedar chest last night going through some of my old baby stuff (and my mom's high school prom dress!) and we found my blessing dress! If my baby girl will fit into it, I'd like to use it for her blessing.

The whole party was so much fun and I loved everything! My Mom did a Disney theme so we had princess and fairy plates and napkins for the food and I wore the minnie mouse shirt Bryant bought me that says "I love my curves!" My Mom really went above and beyond for this so Thank you mom! You're the best!

We wore ourselves out (even though I didn't do much in the way of cleaning or getting things set up, but Sage zonked as everyone left)

I also got a call from my sweet mother-in-law today who said she is sending us a play yard, which will be so nice for when we are traveling and visiting grandparents! So thank you Robyn! We can't wait to see you guys next month!

I can't wait until Bryant comes home to see all of this. He's been in San Diego all weekend with his two brothers, my sister-in-law and niece, and my Father-in-law to watch the BYU vs SDSU game. Bryant tried to convince me to come but I really didn't think I could sit in a car for 11 hours. Heck, I can't even sit on the couch for more than an hour without needing to get up and get my hips moving.

I really miss him though. I realized I missed him badly when I sat down and ate dinner by myself, watched our late-night shows by myself and crawled into bed and wasn't being pestered or cuddled. I'm glad it's a short trip and he will be home tomorrow.


He's kept in touch though and seems to be having tons of fun! I'm glad he was able to go do this before we buckle down and become parents.


(the San Diego Temple!)



I have to say that I am pretty jealous that he spent the afternoon at the beach though... But this sweet little note made up for me not being there.

Well, I'd call today a great day! I'm glad that I've got almost everything I need for this baby! Now I just need to finish her room, get a few more little essentials and it's smooth sailing here on out! (hopefully!)

(don't mind my Shrek-sized face here. It's water weight I tell you!)

Because here I sit at 35 weeks which means she will be here in just over a month! And that's if she comes on time! You never know, all my Mom's babies were early. But then again, this baby could be stubborn and late (but lets keep our fingers crossed she won't be late... for my hips and back's sake..)

No comments:

Post a Comment