Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

football season and baby update

Football season is in full swing.
Now, I never much cared for football.
I liked going to watch my brother play in high school, and I can't wait to go watch him play college football next fall but lets face it, I'm not a huge fan of watching people line up, run and hit a few people for 10 seconds, then line up again.

Sorry Bryant, baseball is just better...

But I knew that I would have to learn to like it when I married Bryant.
He was, as I like to call him, a "football nerd" in High school, and he even played at his Junior college.

He's a sports guy all around.
I swore i'd never marry a "jock", he swore he's never marry a "Utah girl".
Funny how things like that end up getting flip-flopped.

But, it's growing on me.
I DO have fun going to live games, it's when it's on TV that I get distracted and bored.

I also really LOVE watching Bryant play.

He is playing on an intramural flag football team with his brother Tyler, and yesterday was their 2nd game. Of course I went along to be their cheerleader.
He's actually really really good at it. I had fun watching, even if I only knew what was going on half the time.

If I was Bryant's girlfriend in high school, I would have gone to every one of his games.
You bet your buttons.

After his game, we decided to go watch the game at my old high school. My family was all going and my youngest brother's FFA group was working the concessions to raise some money.
I even wore my lettermans jacket (thats right, I lettered in high school!)

I thought about wearing Bryant's old lettermans jacket, you know, like in those classic brat pack movies where the girl wear their sweethearts jackets and class rings? But I figured I'd show some school spirit.

It was a lot of fun and if I don't work, I plan on going to the homecoming game too.

Also, this week I am 13 weeks along. My last week of my first trimester! Can I get a woo woo!?
From what everyone tells me, the 2nd trimester is the best. It's when your morning sickness starts to go away, and your not big enough to get too uncomfortable.

I've felt a teeny bit better, It really depends on the day and what I have or haven't eaten. I lost my breakfast this morning just before work (dang you milk!) but I'm hoping that my morning sickness decides to take a hike soon. Two new annoyances have cropped up though: heartburn and leg craps. Jeeze louise!

So this was me last week at 12 weeks...


And this is me today at 13

I probably shouldn't have worn stripes for the picture because they tend to make you look wider than you really are...
As for achievement this week:
the little peach is now 3 inches long
can suck it's thumb
its intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to the abdomen
and it's vocal cords a continuing to grow.

Awesome huh?

I also just realized that in about 7-ish weeks we will be able to find out what it is! And i'll be halfway through my pregnancy. Just in time for Thanksgiving! (which by the way, I can't WAIT for! I made myself mashed potatoes, corn, and stuffing the other day, and I got a kneaders turkey sandwich today, just so I could pick out the turkey...)

1 comment:

  1. you should go to the fetal studio. They tell you the gender as soon as 14 weeks! THat's when I got mine done and he was right 200% :)

    ReplyDelete