Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

3 down, 6 to go!

Well, here we are at 12 weeks along!
The home stretch of the first trimester!
Three months down, 6 more to go!

I thought I'd just share a bit how baby Stokes has progressed this last week:

This week, my uterus is about the size of this grapefruit (I know, you were all dying to know how big my uterus was... kidding!)


And the Baby is roughly the size of a large lime


Or a small peach


These were picked just this afternoon from my mom's peach tree. Do I smell some peach cobbler in the near future? Yum!

Also, I think it's kind of cute to refer to the baby as "the peach" hahaha!

And my belly is really starting to get big (well, bigger than it was)








This was taken last week when I was 11 weeks.
No bump really showing.














And this was taken just a few minutes ago. You can really tell the difference when I don't have a sweater covering the bump up, but I've got some gross stretch marks and ugly blue veins on my stomach that I'm not really wanting to post onto the world wide web. Sorry guys.

I couldn't really believe that I was "showing" so soon, but when I was picking peaches and passing the grapefruit at the grocery store, I realized that those are big fruits to pack into my previously tiny figure.

And it's not even really a cute bump yet. Everything is still low by my pelvis and slowly making it's way upward (oh, hello heartburn) so it's really just this funny looking "pouch" underneath my belly button.

Things that "the peach" has accomplished this week:

It's intestines are settling into their permanent position
It's vocal cords are developing
It can now squint, flex, grimace, curl its toes, suck, kick, and punch (you know, vital skills it will need for throwing tantrums during the terrible 2's)

Most of it's major organs are now developed and functioning and eyes and ears have moved into their permanent place as well so from here on out it's mostly just growing.
It's 3 inches now, within 4 more weeks it will be between 7 and 8!

As for me this week:

I only got up to pee ONCE last night (and it was only a half hour before I had to actually get up. Woo!)
My hips hurt all the time
I'm tired all the time and I take way too long of naps
The morning sickness is getting worse and I spent 20 minutes of American History in the bathroom losing my breakfast (and, by the way UVU, you should really think about sticking more womens bathrooms in those way far away and hidden classroom areas.)
I eat way too often. Never big meals, I fill up fast, but an hour later and I feel like I haven't eaten in days!
I cried watching a car commercial the other day, meaning my hormones are still out of whack.

I DID finally get approved for baby your baby (a free state insurance program) which means I really need to get into a doctor now. (Yeah, 12 weeks and I still haven't seen a doctor, talk about procrastination... well, not really cause I had to get approved for baby your baby, but still...)

It was good, I brought my mom along and they had me go through some paperwork, give my medical history and watch a video on brushing your teeth and making sure your baby have healthy teeth too. After that I met with a nurse who gave me TONS of packets and fliers full of info on everything from car seats to parenting classes to morning sickness remedies (she said mine should clear up withing the next couple weeks, I'm crossing my fingers!) and answered all the questions I had.

I can't wait to get into a doctor so I can finally know that everything is going ok (I'm pretty sure it is because I've been feeling pretty normal, as far as pregnancy goes but it's always nice to hear it from a doctor you know?) and hopefully get a chance to hear the baby's heartbeat!!!


Well, that was just a bit of an update. Hopefully I'll be able to get into a doctor before my 13th week update!







1 comment:

  1. Brooke, I just found your blog link on facebook. I'm so excited for you guys to have a baby. It's fun... among other things of course, but mostly fun. I am just cracking up right now because we have the same blog background haha. our blog is www.breannes.blogspot.com if you wanted to check it out. I hope you keep having a good pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete