Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm already completely in love...

I had my first OBGYN appointment today!
I decided to go with the doctors who delivered my little sister because they are actually a team of 5 doctors and you meet with all of them, so no matter what, there is no chance of your doctor being out of town when you go into labor (when my mom had me, the doctor was in California seeing the Pope, he had to rush back!)

I was really grateful that Bryant was able to take a couple hours off work to come with me. I get so nervous about needles and all the poking and prodding that goes along with all doc appointments. I was super calm with Bryant there, I wasn't nervous at all.

Unfortunately, they couldn't do any of the normal tests (blood, pap, that kind of stuff) because they don't accept baby your baby (the state insurance I'm on right now) even after I had called and made sure they did. They just said they would do it all next time.

I DID however, get to have an ultrasound. That really surprised me cause I didn't think they would do one on my first appointment.


When the doctor first found it, it sat there for a second and then suddenly jumped! It kind of looked like it was doing the worm. It was so funny and I was laughing so hard that the screen was bouncing all over the place.

It was right there and then that my whole heart fell in love with this baby. At that moment I realized that all of this is real and that I was becoming a mother. I suddenly was willing to do anything and everything for this baby. I want to make sure that I am doing everything possible to keep this baby healthy, safe and strong.

I'm pretty sure it already knows how much I love him/her because I always prayed to my Heavenly Father that he would let my future children know how much I already loved them and how badly I wanted them to be here on earth with me.

The doctor measured the baby and said that he was pushing my due date to April 1st (April fools day, how did we pull that one off? hahaha!). He said that my cycle was probably off a few days and thats why it's only the size of and 11 week old instead of 12. So I am 11 weeks and 5 days along. Thursday will be when I am actually 12 weeks along instead of last Thursday. Make sense?

They also gave me a handful of pregnancy magazines, prenatal vitamin samples, and a prescription for something to help my morning sickness (hallelujah!)

I was actually thinking the morning sickness was getting better because I hadn't tossed my cookies in about a week (nausea was still bad though) until today when I lost breakfast in the parking lot at school in front of everybody that was getting off the shuttle. Gross, not to mention embarrassing.

I think being able to see my baby pull out the dance moves definitely ranks in my top 5 best moments ever list.

No comments:

Post a Comment