Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Strongest Man in the World!

Growing up, there was a show called Pete and Pete.
It was about two brothers both named Pete and one of the characters on the show was named Artie, "the strongest man in the world!" He was really just a geeky guy in a striped outfit but he was pretty funny. My dad and I used to watch it all the time and we would joke that my dad was Artie, the strongest man in the world.

(This was taken at my aunts wedding. My dads the 2nd one from the left showing off his muscles)

But over the years he really has proved to be one of the strongest men in the world.
Seven years ago my dad had a stroke (he's only in his 40's now, which makes him way too young to have a stroke). The first year was extremely hard. He was in the hospital for weeks and weeks and in rehab for weeks on end as well.

But despite everything, my dad is still the amazing person he has always been. He's one of the funniest people you will ever meet. He's incredibly talented with his artwork (he has a show coming up later this year, check back in a couple of months for more info!) He's incredibly smart. He knows a little bit about everything so you can ask him any question you can think of and it's like he's a walking encyclopedia. He's also one of the most supportive people in the world. You can go to him with anything, and he will give his opinion, tell you what he thinks is best, but totally support you in what you decide. He's also just great to talk to. I love going out to his garage while he's silk screening and just talk with him about anything.

Also, did I mention he's a pretty good cook?

I love my dad so much. And i'm grateful for everything he's done for me.

Happy Father's Day dad. You really are the strongest man in the world.

3 comments:

  1. I remember Pete and Pete!!!! I remember hanging out at your house and your dad was always so nice and funny. Most dads are scary for friends. (like my dad!!)

    ReplyDelete