Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Sandlot

Ok so I just hit my head really hard.
I was ducking under the deck to turn on the hose to give Ace a drink when my allergies made me sneeze a few times, and when I was done I stood up strait, smacking the top of my head on a wooden beam. So I apologize if anything in this post doesn't make sense.

So it was a good weekend overall. Friday night Bryant and I decided to go on a date since we haven't been on one in a while. We decided to go to Texas Roadhouse because we both are huge fans of steak. When we walk in, it's super crowded so we ask the hostess how long the wait is. She says it's only a 20 to 30 minute wait maximum, which we thought was awesome, seeing as it was probably going to be a 45 minute wait anywhere else.
So we sit and wait...
and wait...
and wait...
and wait...

Until, we realize it's been 45 minutes. We ask the hostess how much longer and she says that we are up next. Ok sounds good. So we wait...
and wait...
and wait..
and wait.

It's been an hour. We ask again. Oh yeah, you're up next!
So again, we wait...
and... well you get the idea.

(this is the moose in the lobby. I got bored and started taking pics of random things)

And hour and 15 minutes in and a guy walks in and says he has a group of 12, and no reservation. Oh right this way the hostess says.

Seriously???

A party of 12 gets right in and a party of two has been there for an hour and 15 min!???
We finally had had it. I was starving and grumpy. Bryant once again goes up and asks when we are going to get to be seated. The hostess checks our ticket. Oh you guys are up next!

One hour and thirty minutes after we walked through the door, we get seated. And let me tell you, I am in one bad mood. Thankfully, our server was super nice and really fast. If he wasn't I probably would have chewed him out over nothing.

After we ate, Bryant asked to talk to the manager. When she came out, we told her how awesome our server was and how he really turned our experience there around. However, when we mentioned we had been waiting in the lobby for an hour and a half after they told us it was a 20 minute wait, she just shrugged and said "oh, i'm sorry" then literally walked away. It will be a long time before I go back.

Saturday was the Orem Summerfest parade and Bryant got to be in it! He works for missionary mall and they had a float in it. The pics I took are on my other camera, hopefully I can get them downloaded soon. I went with my best friend Katie and my little sister Sage and Bryant met up with us afterwords to get some Chinese food and we watched the fireworks.

Sunday, we went to church like we do every Sunday. We had a rootbeer float party for our primary class because we promised them last week that if they were good they would get them. They were all good this week too except one kid who wouldn't sing or participate in sharing time, and when I asked him why, he told me that church was dumb, that I was dumb and that the songs were dumb and too hard. When I told him to not say mean things or else he wouldn't get a rootbeer float, he said I could go ahead and have his because he liked being mean more than he liked rootbeer floats. If he was my kid, he would have got a definite thump on the head. What a punk.

After church, my parents invited us up for hamburgers and bratwursts. Afterwords, my brother invited us to the baseball fields to play some baseball.

(Bryant is the one in the black shirt and jeans)


This is my brother Colter. He and Bryant both hit home runs!

It was a lot of fun. I counted 13 kids, but a few more showed up later on too. The youngest was cute little Walker, who was missing all of his front teeth and the bats were bigger than him.


But don't let his size fool you, that kid has a arm and his can hit at least a double (well, maybe with some help from the big kids)

As for today, I got out and did a bit of yard work, met up with Bryant at his work for lunch, and finished modpoging a flower pot. Now I'm off to go cook some lemon chicken for dinner!

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh. Protocol for restaurant hosts is to quote the time LONGER than it's going to be, so when the customers get sad sooner than they expected, they'll be happy.
    Also, I totally saw your husband in the parade. I've never met him, but I recognized him from his pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your life sounds like a blast and your hubby is really cute!! i love your dog and everything you post about him you have a really amazing blog! I know how restaurants can be frustrating but i really liked your picture from inside the lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks! I'm glad someone out there thinks I'm interesting! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete