Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

S'mores and Puppies

This morning I was so exhausted. I woke up about four times between 9 and 11:30 and each time I just couldn't roll out of bed. I would go back to sleep after a couple minutes of trying. And not just dozing off for a bit, I mean completely zonked, crazy dreams included (one about walking seals on leashes, one involving Bruce Willis, a bus and a cave, and so forth...)

Bleh.

Finally I got up and ran a few errands with my dad and my little sister around 1:00.
When I got home, Bryant had come home for a bit inbetween classes and I had about an hour before I had to go to work so I asked him to come sit outside on the chair swing with me.




My brothers had moved the chair swing from the deck to the corner of the back yard and also set up some chairs so they could fit more people around the fire pit to do s'mores last night so we were comfy and cozy in the shade of the aspen trees and evergreen.




We even let Ace out without a leash and he enjoyed eating leftover marshmallows that had fallen into the grass. He didn't quite know how to eat them so he would munch it for a bit, spit it out, then try again.


He eventually settled for graham crackers that I had. See how patient he is? I'm so proud that he doesn't grab at food in your hand. You can pretty much place it in his mouth before he will take it.


(Yuck don't mind my knees there!)

Can you see the yellow clumps of pollen on his face? He was being a wild jungle dog and running through the tall grass on the hill, getting covered in it!



His other favorite thing to do? He would army-crawl under the swing from the side then wiggle his head out the front under our legs and watch us read. It was so funny I couldn't get over it!


After work Bryant and I were invited by my friend Janine and her husband Jon's to come roast some s'mores at their house with our friend Jessica and her husband Brandon. I got there a bit late and Bryant was still playing basketball so he didn't come but it was still fun just to get to hang out. I get so bored by myself at home. Even after a year I am still adjusting to the non-roommate (well unless you count Bryant as a roommate haha!) lifestyle where someone was always home to hang out with. And if not, all your friends lived in the same building at least.

Anyways, Janine and Jon have been dog-sitting for the last little while and I fell in love with Rosie, the little Dachshund puppy!



While I was there, I realized that I have a real problem. I talk about Ace WAY too much (I mean, he's the main subject of most of my blog posts) and I consider him almost like my own kid. People always talk about their kids and when I hear things like "potty training little Timmy took so long!" I just want to join in and say "tell me about it! It took us 4 months before Ace learned to go outside!" or when people talk about how cute it was when their kid was playing with their toys or something I want to tell them how adorable Ace is when he sleeps with his stuffed football.

Geeze Louise!

Well, I think i'm done talking about my puppy for the night. I kind of wish he was in tonight so we could watch a late night movie together since Bryant is already asleep and I'm wide awake from sleeping in so long today.

Sweet dreams everyone!

P.S. I just wanted everyone to know that Ace pointed at a robin today! He was running around chewing on things when suddenly he was quiet. Bryant and I both turned around to see what happened to him and there he was, stiff as a board with his paw up and curled under him looking intently at a robin on the ground, and when it flew off, he took after it! I was so proud of him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment