Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A trip long overdue...

Today was day 2 of my spring break and once again I didn't have to work. Today was also Bryant's day off work. For the last couple of weeks we had been trying to find time to go do a session in the temple. Unfortunately, Bryant works all day and when he comes home, I'm usually running out the door to go to my job. But we decided that Thursday was our best bet to make it to the temple. Then Bryant decided to go all out and go to the Manti temple. We live 5 minutes away from a temple, and the Manti temple is a good hour and a half or so away, but it is the temple we were sealed together in and since we had the time, we thought today was a good day to go back.

The trip up was great, I took a little nap while Bryan listened to the BYU basketball game on the radio. When we got there, the next session wasn't for another 45 minutes so we found a little place to eat. I don't know who thought of this idea, but I'd like to shake their hand. It was a burger AND doughnut joint! So you buy your greasy burger and wash it down with a fatty doughnut...it was shear genius.The Manti temple is so beautiful! It's definitely one of my favorites! (Well, of course it is, it's where I got married!) My grandma Bushell, who passed away last year, used to refer to it as "her temple". She absolutely loved attending there and made sure she went as often as she could, offering rides to others who wanted to go as well.

After the session, we even asked a worker if we could see the spiral staircase that go up the sides. He took us over and told us about them. The staircase is 179 feet high and I can't remember how many stairs there are exactly, but trust me, I was getting exhausted just looking at all of them! When we were reserving a room for the sealing, we thought about doing it in the room at the top of the stairs, but it was just too small to fit all the people who were going to be there, and although it would have been really cool, I don't know if everyone could have made it all the way up there. I would have had to stop halfway and take a lunch break! haha.


I always think I'm too busy or too tired or too stressed to go to the temple, but I tell you what, every time I go, I come out feeling so relaxed, so filled with happiness and so loved. It's as if someone pushes a "re-set" button on me and everything I am worried about goes away. The spirit is so strong there and I am so grateful for temples and the calmness they provide for me. There is nothing better than finishing a session, and being able to hug my husband in the most beautiful and peaceful place on earth. Thats when my faith is strongest and I know everything is right and true.
And I'm so grateful to be sealed to the best husband in the entire world for time and all eternity.
If you are interested or have questions about what I believe, feel free to comment or you're welcome to visit here http://www.mormon.org

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about the temple!! Good for you guys for finding time to go! PS your hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete