Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Catching Up

So it's been a while since my last post, but I have been so sick for the last 3 weeks that I haven't really done a whole lot, but the other night I was going through some pictures on Bryant's iphone that I have taken over the last couple of weeks so this is just going to be a "catching up" kind of post.
Isn't this just the creepiest picture? haha! I was kind of down because I never get to see my friends anymore, they are always so busy, but a couple of weeks ago My old roommate Sarah and my best friend Katie invited me over to watch a movie. We watched it at our friend Jason's apartment because he has a big T.V. This is a picture of Jason's roommate (who interestingly enough, I found out we have the same geography class, who knew?) who had a box of these masks from a concert he went to and it was freaking Sarah out.
Also a couple of weeks ago, My mom got a ton of tickets to the BYU vs New Mexico basketball game from a friend who had a bunch extra, so Bryant and I, Bryant's friend Eric, My brother Colter and his date Nicole, My other Brother Sawyer and his two best friends, my Mom and My Dad all got to go.
Sawyer pulling a funny faceI have gone to basketball games at BYU before but none that were this crazy! It was a full house and the crowd was nuts! I don't know a lot about how basketball ranking or playoffs or whatever works, but apparently this was an extremely important game. Unfortunately, I had to leave early to go to work. Thankfully, I had a couple come into the store that had a little girl dressed up like a BYU cheerleader so I was able to ask them if we won or not. We lost by just a couple of points and apparently there were some pretty bad calls right at the end.

I'm just putting this picture up here because I am so proud of this dinner. One night Bryant was taking a nap after work and I was bored, so instead of mac n cheese or pizza for dinner, I decided to go all out and make fried lemon chicken, stuffing, gravy, and potatoes au gratin, I even set the table instead of eating in the living room and using the footstool as a table! I was particularly proud of the potatoes, we couldn't eat all of them so I took the left overs to my family and had them try them. They were awesome!
And last but not least! Bryant has been working with Ace to teach him that he has a "spot". We put his pillow in the back corner of the living room, and moved his food bowl there too, and we have trained him to stay there until we let him roam around. It's nice because he's such a curious little guy that if you want to read or watch T.V. or cook, it's hard to keep track of what he's getting into. But now I can just tell him to go to his "spot" and he will stay there so I don't have to worry about him getting into trouble. So far, the longest he's stayed is about an hour, but that's because he fell asleep. I can't wait until it warms up! I want so badly to take my kayak out and I want him to learn to swim!

I had a dream the other night that my parents gave us two beagles and I was so upset that I would have to train them too, but then my dad said that I should just name them both Ace and then they would know all of the stuff he knows. It was weird.

Well, That's just my little update!
P.S. I'm finally not sick anymore! I was able to sleep through the night for the first time in 3 weeks last night!
P.P.S.S I'm going to be an aunt for the first time any day now! I'm so excited!!!

2 comments:

  1. That dinner looks so good! Congrats on being an aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love Ace :) And yes, what a weird dream but it was funny to read, though.
    I always enjoy reading you!
    Have a lovely day!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete