Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An anniversary of sorts....

Any reason to celebrate right? Well, I know it's super weird that I even remember this, and even weirder that Bryant remembered this and the weirdest thing of all is that Bryant brought it up. So what is this weird event?

The anniversary of the day Bryant proposed to me. Yup, we actually remember the day....

We say it was February 1st, but it was actually Feb 2nd at 1:00 in the morning. So here is a quick little story of how we took our first step to being together forever.

So it's February 1st, 2009. It was a sunny, very pretty Saturday morning and Bryant and I had the day off. First thing in the morning we drove to Lehi to finish buying his brand new car. I was really excited because I love new cars, even if it's not mine. So we decided to spend the day testing it out. First place we go is Tucanos. I was actually a little confused as to why we were there because we had just been there 2 days before, and it's a little too pricey to eat there more than once in a while, but he knew I loved it there and insisted that we go. He even teased me when I asked what the special occasion was by saying "what? you think i'm going to propose to you or something?"

I had no idea...

After lunch, we went for a long drive to test out his new car. We even stopped at my grandparents for a visit. We then went back to my apartment when I got a phone call from my friend Hettie who works for a local movie theater and who asked if I would like to come and watch a movie after the theater closed. We do it all the time because one of the theaters has a DVD player so we can watch our own movies and it's always fun to have a few friends around and get a whole theater to yourself. So I said yes, and invited all of my roommates and friends, all of whom said no except for my friend Katie.

So we go to the theater, and the four of us get settled in our seats and then Hettie says "ok well I'm going up to the booth to put the movie in" and Katie jumped up and said she wanted to help. Then Bryant said he couldn't remember if he turned his lights off in his car or not so he left too.

So here I am, all by my lonesom in a theater waiting for everyone to come back, when all of a sudden, the lights go dim and my favorite song starts playing. Up on the screen was a slideshow of my life, which progressed into a slideshow of Bryant and I. As the movie ended, Bryant came around the bottom stairs and I walked down to meet him. Then, as you can predict this next part, he got down on one knee, pulled out the most unique and beautiful ring I have ever seen and asked me to marry him. I think I was crying so much from happiness that I'm not sure if he heard me say yes.

Next thing I know, ALL of my friends and roommates and my parents are behind us clapping and cheering, complete with cupcakes. I was so surprised! I was so happy that everyone was able to be there and I can't belive they all had kept it a secret. They had all known for a week and Bryant had had the ring in his car all that day and I never found it. On my list of happiest days of my life, it was number 2, right behind my wedding day.

Cute story huh? I think it's adorable.

We didn't do anything special on the "anniversary". We were on our way to the theater to watch a movie to kind of celebrate it, but I got super sick on the way there and I made Bryant turn around and I had some toast and sprite for dinner and then went straight to bed (i'm fine now by the way...) but today we took advantage of the sunshine and (ever so slightly) warmer weather to take Ace out for a super long walk.
Bryant taking a break in some random persons yard...
So I had this Micky Mouse that I let Ace play with when he was little and would only nibble on it while he was in his chewing stage. And I let him keep playing with it because it was so cute when he would carry it around and then cuddle up to it when he took a nap.

But he's not puppy-sized any more and his chewing stage turned into a tug-of-war stage. Poor Micky... He wasn't even salvageable at this point because Acer Spacer would have just torn him apart again. But the walk was great, there is no better way to celebrate the beginning of our life together than being out in the sun with my little family...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my CUTE!! Give Bryant a gigh five for me... that is the CUTEST proposal in the world!!!! So creative, and sweet. p.s. You look so cute in that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT STORY! What a creative husband you have! I wouln't say that it is a weird anniversary to celebrate. To me nothing is though. I remember dates like it is noboy's business so we celebrate the day we met, the day we started dating, the first time we kissed, the first time we said "I love you" pretty much everything (these are just the least rediculous ones, there are many many more.) It gives us a constant reminder that we love eachother as well as a reason to party a lot he he. Thanks for sharing this story though because I thuroughly enjoyed it. It is crazy how fast time flies when you are looking back on it though, last month it had been 2 years and I had to keep recounting because I was like there is no way it has been that long but it had. Life is funny that way.

    ReplyDelete