Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Welcome Baby River!

Happy Birthday to Russel River Peacock!
Born today, February 18th, 2010 at 3:36 (I could be slightly off on the time.) Weighing in at a healthy 8lbs, 3oz and 19 inches long.
Congrats to my cousin Layne and his wife Carrie!
With big brother Colter.And big sister Macy!
I knew Carrie was being induced today so I texted a bunch of family members after school trying to figure out if she had had him yet. Two hours later my grandma texted me saying he had arrived so Bryant and I headed to the hospital asap.

We got there around 6:00 and we couldn't have timed it any better. My grandparents were just leaving, and a few family friends were on their way out too so it was just us and Carrie, Layne, Colter, Macy and my cousins mom Danna so we were able to hold him for a bit.

We were only going to stay for a second, but then the baby was hungry so I decided to take the kids downstairs to get them treats and let Layne and Carrie have some time alone with the baby. While we were down there, my cousin Mikey and her husband Daniel came with their daughter Jaylea and 6 month old baby Jackson, So Bryant and I bought Jaylea a candy too and let Mikey and Daniel go up and see the baby.
After about a half hour, we all headed back up and my uncle Russel and my cousin Kara had shown up. So we realized there were too many people so we said our goodbyes and headed out.

He was adorable! He had the funniest pout and looked exactly like Layne with Carries nose! And a full head of super blond hair!

They named him Russle, after his grandpa, my uncle, Russle. And his middle name, which he will go by is River because every year my uncles family goes river rafting in Jackson Hole and the trip is simply known as "the river". It's also the place where my cousin proposed to Carrie, AND where they told everyone they were pregnant the next year.
River with his happy mama. (sorry for the dark pics!)
And just as a side note, this is a baby blanket I made for Mikey's baby Jackson. The colors look weird in the picture, but they are really cool close up.

Some days I really really wish I had a baby on the way, but then I realize that I know like, 5 people that got married the same month I did (9 months ago, actually) that are all due the end of this month and next month. I have plenty of babies to play with, and I get to give them back if they start to cry hah!

But someday... Just you wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment