Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thrifty Fifties

Re-cap of the weekend:

So Sunday was valentines day, and despite the fact that my primary class drives me nuts and the brownie smashing incident from the last time I brought treats, I decided to be nice and make valentines day cupcakes for my class.
Thankfully, none of them smashed them on the floor, but one kid did smash one in his face. Gross, but at least I didn't spend time scraping it out of the carpet.

After church, my parents invited us up for a special dinner. We had steak and potatoes and my mom went all out. She brought out the nice china and decorated the table with flowers. It was really nice of her. My parents always made valentines really special. And this year, they did a "14 days of Valentines" and they both surprised each other with little gifts every day
leading up to valentines day. Cute huh?

Yesterday was Presidents Day, so I had no school and I didn't have to go to work. Last night after Bryant got home, we realized we were both hungry and that we didn't have anything to eat at home so we decided to go to taco bell. Originally we were thinking of going bowling, but we passed savers on our way to grab tacos and I mentioned how much I like to go thrifting. Surprisingly, Bryant said he thought it would be fun to go too and actually sounded like he meant it haha! So we canned the bowling idea and headed there after some munchies.
So we get there, and come to find out, it's "thrifty fifties" night. Everything was half off, and they had fifties music playing, trivia to win money (well, to win a dollar...) and all the employees were dressed in poodle skirts. It was really fun!

Bryant wanted to find an old three-piece suit and I was on the lookout for a black leather jacket to wear on the motorcycle this summer. We both found what we were looking for, unfortunately
the suit didn't fit Bryant and the jacket had some major holes in it.
Oh well, better luck next time...

However, we DID find a Jim Croche's greatest hits record to add to my collection.

It was a really good night. And i'm glad Bryant was willing to wander around in a thrift store with me. He's amazing.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE savers! I miss it! Thrift stores are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at savers tonight! They have some truly great finds there. Unfortunately I usually end up buying things I don't need, just because they're so cheap.

    ReplyDelete