Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Don't you just love date nights?

I Do!
And it had been WAY too long since hubby and I had a proper date.

Lets rewind real quick here and talk about SUPERBOWL SUNDAY first!

My grandparents invited us to their house to watch the game, and I was lucky enough to find a girl at work that would work from 3:30 to close for me. The ONE Sunday a month I have to work and it falls on superbowl Sunday, Sheesh!

Don't they all look like a happy bunch? The girl on the left is my little brothers friend Missy. She was super cute and I think everyone was pretty shocked that Colter actually had a date for once. That, of course is Bryant in the middle, and my Grandpa Peacock on the right.
My brother Colter, and My mom Anna.And thats my other brother Sawyer, My dad Lance, and my uncles wife Nicole playing mancala with my little sister. Nicole is the one who owns Reggie, if you remember him from a couple posts ago...

Now, on the the highlight of MY week.
Bryant and I.... well, mostly me... Have been dying to go on a date. Usually when we go out, it's just to go to a movie, but there was NOTHING playing that we wanted to see. Not one thing. We needed to go to the mall to Kay jewlers to get my ring cleaned, since I have to have it done every 6 months to keep the warranty on it. So we went there first to window shop while it was being cleaned. Next, we headed to my work (yeah, I know, but i'm not the only one who goes there on her day off...) where we bought Bryant the next 3 books in his series (it's been less than a week and he's almost done with those!)

Then, since there were absolutely no good movies playing, we decided to go to trafalga and go mini-golfing! They have a cool glow in the dark course!
It's an under water theme, it's pretty cool.
Bryant even got a hole in one on the last hole and won us a free game!
We had bought this date-night pass thing which was pretty awesome. It's 25 bucks and it gets you golf for 2, dippin dots for 2, 8 tokens for the arcade and 2 activites which you choose from either the batting cages, the go-carts, a 3d ride thing or you could exchange one activity for 50 tokens. We did the tokens and they said we could come back another time and do the batting cages or the go-carts. We didn't do the 3d ride cause in sea world, we did a helicopter one and we both left it super sick. We didn't want a repeat.

So between the two of us, we won about 100 tickets in the arcade, then one of the guys that worked there gave us 300 free tickets for no reason! I really wanted a stuffed animal, but you had to have over 1000 just to get a small one, but the guy let us have one anyway, and since Ace chewed up my mickey, we got him a stuffed Brian Griffin from family guy that he can chew up.

So overall, it was an AMAZING date night! I absolutely loved it! In fact, I liked it so much I made Bryant take me to see the lightning thief tonight (he got a gift certificate for the theaters from his work!)

I thought it was actually pretty good. Now I understand why I get a million people a day asking for the books at work. Plus, I love me a little Greek mythology every now and then...
Speaking of mythology, this is one of my favorite stories, Psyche and Eros. I got to see this scultpure in the Louvre and it's one of my favorite sculptures as well. I even have it on my fridge...

Did you know that I took honors english in high school? That whole class was about mythology from all over the world. Pretty awesome eh?

And guess what? We might even get to go on a THIRD date early next week in honor of valentines day (plus, bryant got another gift certificate for a restaurant from his boss!)

I'm so excited!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun date!! I remember we used to go mini golfing together when we were younger! I always sucked..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds fun next time your taking me! ha ha

    ReplyDelete