Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dear Winter

Dear Winter,

You always make the holidays wonderful, and you make the earth really beautiful. You're good to ski and snowboard on, and you are wonderful for forts, sledding and snowmen. You are a good excuse to cuddle up and a reason to pull out the hot chocolate. I like to wear my scarves and slip into my slippers. You help to bring on the Christmas spirit and incite charity and love.

But it's time for you to go.

You have overstayed your welcome. The holidays are over. You are too cold, and too icy. The sky is gray and you are drowning out any color. I would love for you to take your own personal holiday for the next 11 months. I think I am ready to run outside in shorts or a summer dress rather than bundling up like i'm going extended deep sea diving.I want to go hiking and swimming, and I want Bryant to take me to school on his motorcycle. I want to go on picnics and read out on the deck. I'd like your icy lakes to melt so I can go kayaking and Ace really needs to learn to swim. You wouldn't want my puppy to be scared of water his whole life would you? Would you!?

So for my sake, but more so for his, please, take a break, take a vacation and let spring and summer do all the work for a while. You would really be doing everyone a favor. We'd love to see you again, believe me. But just not for a while.

Loves and kisses,
Brooke and Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment