Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bigger is better

Overall, it was a great week.

I started my spring semester classes on Wednesday and I have a feeling this is going to be a good semester. One Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I have Geography. I'm retaking it because last semester the professor was a huge jerk so I never wanted to go. This time around the professor seems pretty nice and in my opinion, his class is a LOT more interesting.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have art history through the renaissance. This class seems like it will be the hardest. The professor said that if you were a freshman or wanted an easy A, to drop his class. I took AP art history my senior year of high school, and going through the book, I know most of the stuff. So hopefully I'll do alright.

By the way, this is one of my favorite statues ever. It's called Nike, or Winged Victory of Samothrace. I was lucky enough to get to see her when I went to the Louvre.


And finally, On Wednesday nights, I have a 3 hour long South African history class. I have been avoiding this class as long as possible because it's only offered once a year and it's a 3 hour long night class. I get fidgety after about 45 min... But the Professor is nice and he really loves his subject, so we will see how it goes.

Plus I like the lady that drives the shuttle at night, she dropped me off at my car rather than at the bus stop so I wouldn't have to walk alone in the dark.

Outside of school, I didn't have to work a whole lot (I have to work tonight though...) so I got to spend a lot of time with Bryant in the afternoons. We have also both been really good about going to the gym every day (except for yesterday, we were too busy.) And I've been eating a lot healthier. Woo! yay for resolutions that you keep.

Last night, we were invited by Bryants boss to go have dinner and watch movies at his house with a few other couples. We had pizza and watched most of Farris Bulers day off. We had to leave early because we had tickets to see Avatar again. This time we went up to the Jordan Commons theater in Sandy to watch it on the IMAX 3D screen. It's definitely even better the second time around. This time, we also went with my friend Janine and her husband Jon, and Julie and Natiel, who are two people who work with Bryant.


Today, we were able to sleep in, which was nice because the movie didn't get done until 12:30 and by the time we got home and ready for bed it was super late. There is nothing better than sleeping in on a Saturday and then Curling up on the couch and eating peanut butter toast with Bryant while watching Groundhog Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment