Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treat! Smell my Feet!

We had a very mellow, but really fun Halloween this year!

Saturday, my ward had a Trunk-Or-Treat for all of the kids. I've never participated because I was a little too old to trick-or-treat when they started this tradition, then the first year Bryant and I moved back into this ward, they didn't do it because it was snowing so they had to have a party inside the church, and then last year they didn't get anyone to plan it so it just didn't happen at all.

This year, even though Savannah is too young to trick-or-treat, I still thought it would be fun to take her. I decided to invite my old roommate Bri and her baby Lani to come too!



I even decided to decorate my trunk! I was in a huge rush to do everything. I was at the grocery store a half hour before the party started to buy some candy and saw some white poster board, so I bought a couple of sheets and quickly cut out some teeth. If I would have had more time, I would have made my whole car into a monster! Eyes on top and everything!



Bryant and I threw together our costumes within about 5 minutes. I usually make my own costume every year, but this year I just didn't have the time, or the space to make one, so I decided I would just buy one. Bryant and I searched for weeks and weeks and costume shop after costume shop to find the perfect costumes, but we came to the conclusion that Halloween stores these days only sell kind of trampy costumes. So minutes before the party, I ran into my mom's closet and found an awesome tie-dye dress. So I straightened my hair, found a leather band that I wear on occasion, put on some "earthy" looking jewelery and was a hippie! 



Bryant has always said that he likes my "hippie style" of clothing and everyone at the party kept jokingly saying "Brooke! Why didn't you dress up!?" or "You just showed up in your regular clothes?" hahaha! I think even this tie-dye dress was a little out there for me!

Bryant came home from work about 3 minutes before we left for the party. He threw on a pair of suspenders, his nerdy glasses and grabbed a cane. Instant old man!


Lani and Savannah were princesses together. It was a cuteness overload!!!


We took the babies up and down the row of cars and got Lani some treats. Savannah picked out a twizzlers wrapped in plastic and she had lots of fun chewing on that thing the rest of the day!

On Halloween night, we just hung out upstairs with my parents and watched my dad hand out pancakes to trick-or-treaters.
Last year he handed out ketchup packets, sweet-n-low, and hot sauce packets. He had been collecting them for weeks! Don't worry, he had a bowl of candy to give out too. But I was surprised at how many kids wanted the pancakes!

I decided I had better get to carving my pumpkin (trick-or-treaters were already out and about and I hadn't even started it!) So I got down to it! I didn't even get Bryant a pumpkin this year because he hates the feeling of scooping out the guts. He gets the longest spoon he can find and scrapes them all out, while I just dig in with my hands (it's my favorite part). I usually end up finishing his pumpkin for him. But Savannah is just like her mama! Diving right in with her hands!
She even tried to eat the seeds! 


I was quite proud of my pumpkin this year. It's supposed to be Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas, but everyone said it looks more like the Grinch. Oh Well. I still really like it!

My grandparents came over for a little while too.
 Savannah was having a blast sitting with Grandma and making faces at everyone.


That night after Savannah was asleep, Bryant and I made some hot chocolate (an almost nightly occurrence now that it's gotten a lot colder!) and watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!"

I can't wait to take Savannah Trick-or-Treating next year!







1 comment: