Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

7 Months!

My little Miss Savannah is 7 months old today! And she has changed so much this past month! Even just in the last week, she has gotten a tooth, and crawled for the first time!

I'm not so sure I'm ready for my baby to be independent...

On Saturday, I was sitting on the couch with her and she was chewing like crazy! Anything she could get her hands on. At one point, she grabbed my hand and was chewing on my finger when I felt something a little too hard and sharp to just be her gums, so after trying to get her to open her mouth, and then get her tongue out of the way, I was able to see something pearly and white sticking out! Yup, there was a tooth!

 (Her new favorite thing is back scratches. She crawled into my lap while I was eating breakfast so I scratched her back and she eventually fell asleep!)

She surprisingly hasn't fussed that much with the pain that comes with teething. She has gotten up in the middle of the night and cried a teeny bit (mostly just moaning) but a little cuddling and kisses and she's back off to dream land. 

And then over the last couple of days, she's been wiggling her way around the floor and so last night, I decided to place her on one end of the room and place some toys at the other. She wasn't that interested in trying to crawl all the way over to get the toys so I pulled out her favorite thing to chew on: the TV remote. And slowly, but surely, she scooted her way over to me! I don't know if I'd officially call it crawling. It's more like she gets up on her hands and knees, then pushes herself with her legs while her hands slide forward. But she is getting the general idea and with a bit more practice, she will be all over the place! Looks like I need to baby-proof everything ASAP!

(If you couldn't tell, Bryant got her dressed... 49ers onesie and his under armour hat!)

She's still a busy-body and doesn't stop for a second unless she's asleep. Her favorite show is still Sesame Street. In fact, I was watching a trailer for a new documentary about the guy who is the voice and puppeteer for Elmo, and when Savy heard the voice she nearly jumped off my lap in excitement. 

She's extremely social and smiles at everyone. She especially loves other babies and wants so badly to play with them, but they usually are a little shy or scared when she lunges for them and grabs their hands (or shoes, like she did a little boy at church on Sunday). She's high energy and can't understand that other kids aren't as active as her, but it doesn't stop her from pulling their ears! She's also very affectionate and loves to snuggle up with you or give you a big slobbery kiss.

(Her first time sitting up in the grocery cart! She was too busy smiling and yelling at the cashier to look at me while I was taking her photo.)

She's finally growing a bit of hair and her eyes have started to turn brown in the middle. Just like her daddy's!

We've tried to introduce the sippy cup, but she hasn't figured it out yet, but she's really good at drinking out of a glass. She does really well with solids and especially loves pears, peaches, squash and sweet potatoes. She's not a huge fan of peas and green beans, but will still eat them (thank heavens!) She is definitely not a picky eater! She really loves when people give her a bite of ice cream or frosting or anything like that (I'm pointing fingers at grandma and grandpa here... haha!) And gets mad when you don't share.

 ("Good morning mama!")

She's the best little baby anyone could have asked for. She rarely fusses, rarely cries, goes down for naps and to bed easily. She's smiley, social, happy and such a riot! She's unbelievably smart and incredibly curious. 

I love being a mom to this amazing little girl!


1 comment:

  1. She's such a cutie! I particularly love that last photo. :)

    ReplyDelete